Player Rankings - CBS Sportsline

SpringfieldFan

I just thought I would check sportsline's rankings to see how our guys are faring. Such rankings are worth slightly less then a grain of salt, but what I saw was surprising, both good and bad. First the bad: The Sox team itself ranked only around 17th in MLB, behind the Cubs! The Sox rotation only ranked 11th! Also, Olivo is nowhere near the top among catchers. I guess this is all because these compilations look at the complete numbers, not just recent trends.

Now the good surprises, which are regarding the individual players: Mags is the #3 right fielder, which is good news in itself but the icing on the cake is that BEHIND him at #4 is none other than...Corky. Frank Thomas is the #1 DH, even ahead of Edgar! He has *always* been top 3, but he is numero uno right now. And finally, guess who else is #1 in his position? Would you believe its Esteban Loaiza?!! He is right there at the top, in front of Pedro, Randy, Mulder, Halliday - all of them! The "experts" may not think he is for real, but the computers sure do.

Well the game isn't played on paper or computers, but the fun thing about this is that it is saying that the best right fielder and pitcher in Chicago play for Sox, not the Cubs. Who would have thunk?