eBay buyers piss me off

Steve9347

Honestly, these people are getting ridiculous... requesting refunds because an item doesn't arrive in two days, accidentally "buying it now"? The general populace is a bunch of idiots.

I miss the days when sellers could give feedback about buyers - I can't believe that's not allowed anymore.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Honestly, these people are getting ridiculous... requesting refunds because an item doesn't arrive in two days, accidentally "buying it now"? The general populace is a bunch of idiots.

I miss the days when sellers could give feedback about buyers - I can't believe that's not allowed anymore.

Hasn't happened to me yet and I sell a few things every now and then on eBay.

I actually took like 6-7 days to ship something that was supposed to be there in 2-3. Not a bad word from the buyer.

I sell a lot of stuff on eBay, but I also buy my fair share. I do my best to ship items quickly, and I've never had bad feedback. But I know what you're saying about some buyers. A few years back, some woman sent me a message about an item I was selling saying that she thought the shipping was too high (I think it was $2.49 for a CD). I responded that if she thought the shipping was too high, don't bid on it.

I've had several buyers message me saying they accidentally bid on something and won the auction. For the most part, I try to be nice and refund their money, but I doubt they know (or care) that it's a pain.

My favorite buyer was someone who bought a season of ER on DVD. The DVDs were Region 2 (Europe), and I stated three times on the auction that the DVDs would not play in a Region 1 player. I get a message from the buyer stating that the item was not as described because it was Region 2. I pointed out that the auction description stated it three times, but I did refund their money.

People suck.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 05:27 AM)
People suck.

Especially people overseas. I used to sell records on eBay and had a fun time doing it. I made good money and had great feedback. But people overseas were always b****ing about postal rates. I shipped everything priority and added nothing to the charges. What I charged is what the post office charged. I told the complainers to complain to the US Post Office.

Back in the pre-paypal days, I had once bought some baseball cards from a guy on there, and 10 days after my check cleared the bank, still no cards. So I emailed nicely asking when he had sent them since I still had not received them. I got back "You didn't pay for that service, You will get them when you get them". Well I got them a few days later, postmarked the day AFTER I had emailed him. They were also not quite as good of shape as advertised, so i left a neutral feedback, stating that I the cards were good but possibly a bit inflated on quality. I then start getting emails from this guy, complaining about how I am 'ruining his reputation', then he gives me a neg feedback, starts calling me a pain in the ass buyer and seriously sends me an email a day for a week about it. So we got into a flame war on Ebay, I started messaging everyone bidding on his crap and forwarding them all the nasty emails he was sending ME. He finally changed my rating to neutral, and changed the feedback to something very dry (you could still do that, too, back then). Since then, I refused to leave any feedback for a seller until i got it first. After all, as a buyer, I completed my part of the transaction first, the seller should rate me first. Although I guess you can't do that now either.