it's Cotts

winninguglyin83

it appears that JM has pulled another switcheroo.

because the Sox have won the first two games of the Yankees series, Cotts, not Buehrle, will pitch today.

That's how he made the decision. Two wins in the series = Cotts. A split series = buehrle.

Seems like a strange way to run a team. Buehrle's arm and shoulder ought to be the deciding factor. If he is sound, he goes. If he is tired and tight, give him the day.

This game has the potential to be a big spark to carry into Motown -- or a serious downer. Hate to see them concede a game just because Mussina is pitching. Somebody tell JM the lead is only 1 1/2 games.

thought it was Neal, then Mark and then back to Neal?

Right.

But I believe the initial tinker was due to Mark wanting to pitch in Yankee Stadium -Michelle can confirm (and actually I think there is a thread about it?)

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?! Why the hell is Cotts starting against the Yankees and Buehrles starting against the Tigs! Any logical person would let Cotts pitch against the Tigers who are hitting .238 and let Buehrle face the Yankees who have Giambi and a million other guys who can just kill you. What the hell is Manuel doing? I get to watch this game on TV too. I dont wanna see Cotts face Mussina. I wanna see Buehrle, as much as I dislike him, pitch against Moose. Thats a game we can win. I like our chances there. But with Cotts, were f***ed. The Yankees are gonna f*** him right in the ass. JMs a f***in idiot...

Right.

But I believe the initial tinker was due to Mark wanting to pitch in Yankee Stadium -Michelle can confirm (and actually I think there is a thread about it?)

Here's how I think it went...

It was Cotts' turn, but they wanted to let MB go (presumably to have a better chance of winning), then MB had some tightness in his shoulder. So, they were going to wait and see what happened with that and in the 1st 2 games of the series. Coop said that if the Sox won the first 2, that Cotts would likely start. Then, late last night, the Sox were saying MB was starting, but a few websites said Cotts was.

So basically, the whole thing was kinda silly, and now we've got Cotts vs. Mussina. God speed, Neal.

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?! Why the hell is Cotts starting against the Yankees and Buehrles starting against the Tigs! Any logical person would let Cotts pitch against the Tigers who are hitting .238 and let Buehrle face the Yankees who have Giambi and a million other guys who can just kill you. What the hell is Manuel doing? I get to watch this game on TV too. I dont wanna see Cotts face Mussina. I wanna see Buehrle, as much as I dislike him, pitch against Moose. Thats a game we can win. I like our chances there. But with Cotts, were f***ed. The Yankees are gonna f*** him right in the ass. JMs a f***in idiot...

Roman.. it is Neal's scheduled start.

And why are you so worried about his butt...? :ph34r:

Still, you gotta switch him with Buehrle. Hed had three days rest so its not like itll be impossible for him to pitch. A wild young rookie with all of three games under his belt going against Mike Mussina and the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. Am I the only one who doesnt like this situation?

This team, and this franchise, would not be this team, and this franchise, without all the intrigue and mystery.

Right?

Think Glass Half Full.

If Cotts beats Mussina, it's a helluva lift for the rest of the season -- as well as a major downer for the Steinbrenners, who face Boston this weekend.

BEAT MOOSE!!!!

Still, you gotta switch him with Buehrle. Hed had three days rest so its not like itll be impossible for him to pitch. A wild young rookie with all of three games under his belt going against Mike Mussina and the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. Am I the only one who doesnt like this situation?

Roman.. Mark said he's had some stiffness in the arm. One more day's rest is playing it safe. I want Mark pitching in the playoffs. It it means we have to eat a bottle of Rolaids tonight while watching Neal pitch.. then so be it.

Perhaps one of reasons JM feels safe starting Cotts is the fact we have rocked Mussina the last few times we have faced him in NY.

Last year we scored 13 with Wright pitching.

Plus, Moose is 1-3 with a 5.18 era against us the last three years.

Hopefully we'll give Neal enough run support, but I see this as a high scoring affair on both sides.

Hey Steff, "Neal " and "Affair" in the same sentence...

:lolhitting