Yanks set to stiff Wells for money

Bmr31

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol they are probably going to use the extra money to get some more pitching....espically after we whipped their top guys.......... :lol:

Wells likely to be sent to the pen

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1605227

Isn't he like 13-5 :huh:

Yes, but they have come out and said they aren't happy with him right now. He hasn't pitched well lately. His pitching coach bashed him saying he isn't doing the work necessary. Players can do or not do lots of things in practice or in between starts or off the field that affect their performance on the field. If the Yankees feel Wells is taking the lazy/easy road, and starts pitching like it, why not send him to the bullpen? I think this is much more a move based on sending him and the rest of the team a message than money.

What does it tell the rest of the team if you keep running a guy out there that isn't doing what the club asks of him? The players know it. The coaches know it. A manager sometimes has to send a message to his team by making an example out of someone. I think that is the case here.

Yes, but they have come out and said they aren't happy with him right now. He hasn't pitched well lately. His pitching coach bashed him saying he isn't doing the work necessary. Players can do or not do lots of things in practice or in between starts or off the field that affect their performance on the field. If the Yankees feel Wells is taking the lazy/easy road, and starts pitching like it, why not send him to the bullpen? I think this is much more a move based on sending him and the rest of the team a message than money.

What does it tell the rest of the team if you keep running a guy out there that isn't doing what the club asks of him? The players know it. The coaches know it. A manager sometimes has to send a message to his team by making an example out of someone. I think that is the case here.

Excuse us, we are just used to having a manager without balls.

Bmr, what the hell is wrong with you lately? Maybe I am just misinterpreting everything you type, but you seem to be making a lot of sense lately.

Bmr, what the hell is wrong with you lately? Maybe I am just misinterpreting everything you type, but you seem to be making a lot of sense lately.

Ive been reading your posts, to learn all that i can from the great one. :)

Just don't expect all the wisdom to come overnight. Be patient my friend, be patient.....

Just don't expect all the wisdom to come overnight. Be patient my friend, be patient.....

Actually Rex, you are one of the brightest people on this site. I dont always have to agree with ya to realize that.

If the Yankees feel Wells is taking the lazy/easy road, and starts pitching like it, why not send him to the bullpen?

Bingo. If an employee is slacking off and not giving what the company feels is a full-out, honest effort, they have EVERY right to discipline that employee however they see fit.