Big Game For Biddle Tonight

Chisoxfn

So far this season he's pitched pretty good, but he's also had his rough spots as well and has yet to really show he can get deep into games.

I think all eyes will be on him tonight(JR and KW's) as they debate whether he will be in our rotation next year, the bullpen or the much much less likely choice of elsewhere.

Guest hotsoxchick1

part of burns babys problems is that shoulder of his....if he can keep it healthy enough in the off season and work it a little at a time he should be ok... his problem this year was the dead arm experience after each time he went on the mound....im with you jas.. i would rather see burns baby as a starter than foulke..

Radar gun was clocking him tonight at 94 MPH on his fastballs. I'd say his arm is feeling pretty good right now. And let's not forget..... before he forgot to take his anti-inflammatories last year he was starting to come around. The Saturday day game at Comiskey against the sCrUBS comes to mind. I think Biddle could evolve into the White Sox number 4 or 5 guy or work in spot starts. He looked good tonight against a team with 91 or so wins last I checked. :D

His arm strenght is back, in terms of mph, but his stamina isn't and thats the big thing when it comes to starting and staying fresh. He'll have a lot of work to do this offseason getting everything back.

This season was a good step up for him and he will definately have a shot at competing.

Like I say, him and Glover are about the only two guys on our staff that really throw hard along with Osuna and Ritchie(not a strikeout guy though)

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

His arm strenght is back, in terms of mph, but his stamina isn't and thats the big thing when it comes to starting and staying fresh.  He'll have a lot of work to do this offseason getting everything back.

This season was a good step up for him and he will definately have a shot at competing.

Like I say, him and Glover are about the only two guys on our staff that really throw hard along with Osuna and Ritchie(not a strikeout guy though)

It has been said by others here so I will reiterate..... a staff that generally doesn't go any deeper than 6 innings, regardless of how they are pitching, will encounter stamina problems. Case in point..... Saturdays game against Minnesota where Rauch was taken out after 5, I think. At the time, Rauch hadn't pitched FOR WEEKS, had a 3-4 run lead, and the only runs scored by Minnesota were solo HR's..... not to mention, in his last inning pitched, he pitched out of a jam after a lead-off double. I understand JM and the Organization want to keep the pitchers healthy but when a guy hasn't pitched for weeks and he's owning the opposition, there is no reason to take him out because he's on a pitch count. Find out where his stamina is. Ever wonder why Garland, Wright, Biddle etc. get into trouble around the 6th or 7th inning? Conditioning my friends. Sometimes the aforementioned are taken out because they have encountered trouble but, more often than not, I'm asking myself why the starter is being taken out. One of JM's many flaws is that he relies on the bullpen entirely too much.

Still, when your playing for nothing and that guy, Rauch, is coming back from an injury then you got to be careful.

You can't just say hey, go the distance when your arm hasn't pitched that long in 3 weeks.

Wright, Garland, and Buerhle all can go deep into games as can Ritchie, now we'll have to develop Biddle and Rauch into being able to do the same.

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

ask him how his arm feels in the morning .. im sure youll get a different story then......

I'm sure it's sore. I bet even the best are sore after they pitch the day before. But Biddle has made his last 3-4 starts in the rotation so hopefully it isn't anything to do with last years surgery..... just soreness and tightness after throwing 70-80 pitches (not including warm-ups), some in the mid-90's.

Originally posted by CubKilla
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

ask him how his arm feels in the morning .. im sure youll get a different story then......

I'm sure it's sore. I bet even the best are sore after they pitch the day before. But Biddle has made his last 3-4 starts in the rotation so hopefully it isn't anything to do with last years surgery..... just soreness and tightness after throwing 70-80 pitches (not including warm-ups), some in the mid-90's.

Oh ya, its good soreness imo. Its the soreness of his muscles building and his stamina growing. This offseason him and all our starters should do craploads of running because leg strength is the key to going deep into games.

Well of course you have to pitch good too.

I can live with that if the top of the line pitcher is really a top of the line pitcher.

I like Rauch a ton and really think he's ready, but we all know injuries will happen and at some point Rauch will be up and once he comes up, then I want him up for good.

Still, I say let Rauch, Ritchie and Biddle fight for the final slot, if Rauch loses, then he goes to AAA, if he wins then the other two go to the pen.