State of the Sox Minors

LDF

this topic is one of my fav's >> prospects.

the sox have quietly assemble a core of very good prospects. esp considering the state it was in

several yrs ago. again this was done without having a top 5-10 pick in the draft, except this yr. the

sox scout have done a very good job in scouting and finding gems.

now comparing the sox to lets say the northsiders, they have had a lot of prospects that were drafted

high and that is why their system looks great. Bos gutted their system and still have a great group of prospects.

you can see where I am going with this, the sox have not had a back to back yrs of high draft picks and the

sox never gutted their system but still the future looks really good.

can you imagine what would it look like if the sox were to have gutted the team, lets say 2 or 3 yrs ago?

mutiny by the hard core fans, its the fans that have kept the pressure for the brass to keep on trying to improve.

most importantly, it is the sox good fortune to have sox brass who also cares about the team and its fans.

I can't wait for this offseason and 2015 draft.

Edited by LDF

Matt Davidson and Erik Johnsin, the preseason #2 and #3 prospects in the entire system, fell off the face of the earth. Also, thre#1 and #4 prospects (Abreu and Semien) in the system both lost rookie eligibility.

Even after all that turmoil at the very top enough guys have taken steps forward that I feel, as a whole, our system is better now than it was then.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 07:13 PM)
Matt Davidson and Erik Johnsin, the preseason #2 and #3 prospects in the entire system, fell off the face of the earth. Also, thre#1 and #4 prospects (Abreu and Semien) in the system both lost rookie eligibility.

Even after all that turmoil at the very top enough guys have taken steps forward that I feel, as a whole, our system is better now than it was then.

when does the other intl signing happens. meaning the Asian players, and other (Cuban) players?

Danish, Ravelo having great seasons has been a real nice treat. Both young for their level, both dominating their level. I think its safe to say both have exceeded expectations by a good bit this year. Rodon gives us that star power we've lacked (other than that brief time Abreu was considered a prospect). Adams looking so good this early has also been a nice bonus. To me, they more than offset the massive disappointments in EJ and MD. I'm of the opinion that 20 HR power is not unrealistic for Ravelo as he matures. Not great for a 1B but not a liability if his hit tool is legit. I'd begin to try him at LF or back to 3B or something though.

Beyond that, we also have a slew of prospects that sure flash potential to be decent or better MLBers - Anderson, Johnson, Semien, Sanchez, Michalczewski, Hawkins, Montas.

I look at our system and see guys that might end up being very good MLB players. Not sure we've really been able to say that much recently.

Makes the futuresox game recap threads exciting to follow each day.