Hypothetically

Chisoxfn

Here's what i'd love to see happen. Yes, I know it ain't going to happen.

Sox deal Konerko for Ortiz and Ainsworth.

Sox sign Jeff Kent to a 3yr 15 mill contract to play 1st

Sox deal Carlos Lee, Jon Garland, Willie Harris, Josh Paul and Corwin Malone or Brian West and Matt Ginter for Jose Vidro, Michael Barret and Bartolo Colon

Lineup

Jimenez - ss

Vidro - 2nd

Kent - 1st

Maggs - rf

Thomas - DH

Crede - 3rd

Liefer/Borchard - lf

Rowand - cf

Olivo/Barret - c

Rotation

Colon

Buerhle

Ortiz

Wright

Ainsworth/Rauch

Still have good prospects in the minors as the Sox wouldn't of given up any top prospects other then Harris(Replaced by Vidro) and then Garland(Replaced by Ainsworth) and the pitcher we'd give to the Expos.

Just throwing it out their. The Sox would then have to deal Manos, but salary wise, they'd be dealing 11 mill or so when they moved Caballo and Konerko and picking up not too much more.

Here's some things that would stop it.

Payroll....

Also, in all honesty, the Giants deal only makes sense if they dump payroll or it does to a point, meaning we'd be picking up Snow at 7 mill.

Of course the Sox don't need to pick up Ritchie at 3 mill, making it an addition of 4 mill to my original post.

This means if the Sox could find a way to deal Snow (pick up 3 mill of his salary) or deal Manos they would be able to make the move by adding only 2-3 mill in payroll to what the current payroll is.

Another possibility of course is if the Expos would do that so called deal. It would be a real good deal for them, I think, as they'd get Garland, and at least one more real good pitching prospect as well as Harris and a very good offensive outfielder in Carlos Lee.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas while that would be nice... colon isnt going to come here...it just aint going to happen.........now if they could pull off the ortiz and kent deal that would be something to see...espically if it would cost us less for kent as opposed to keeping paulie... then i would be more inclined to let paulie go..........