Remembering 9/11

Winning Ugly

The events of 9/11 were indeed tragic and horrific. I don't know how many of you have heard Jeremy Glick. His father who was a Port Authority worker was killed on 9/11 and his son [and many other families of people who died] have gotten together to form an organization of 9/11 families for peace and justice.

I've had an opportunity to see Mr. Glick speak and it was amazing. He was absolutely sickened that Bush and Co. essentially said Iraq and 9/11 in the same sentence as to justify the invasion of Iraq. He discussed, as I believe to be the truth, that 9/11 is an indirect result of our foreign policy in the Middle East region. Wahhabi fundamentalism [the strict sect of Islam used by followers of Al Qaeda] is actually the same sect of Islam used by the Saudi government to keep their virtual dictatorship in the region. The United States has gotten a very bad image there by keeping this unpopular dictatorship in power, attempts to keep the Shah in power in Iran in the past, selling weapons to both Iran and Iraq during their war, intervening in Iraq in the 70s, and who can forget after Kuwait slant drilled into the Iraqi oil supply us defending them stealing oil in Desert Storm. And oh yeah, training bin Laden in the first place with the "enemy of the enemy is my friend" ideology short sighted foreign policy. Al Qaeda is a bunch of whackjobs but having such an unpopular reputation in the region because we helped murder, maim, and kill gave those already f***ed up whackjobs the reason to hate us and whammo....9/11.

The Osama Clock link....are we still even TRYING to catch him?

The events of 9/11 were indeed tragic and horrific.  I don't know how many of you have heard Jeremy Glick.  His father who was a Port Authority worker was killed on 9/11 and his son [and many other families of people who died] have gotten together to form an organization of 9/11 families for peace and justice.

I've had an opportunity to see Mr. Glick speak and it was amazing.  He was absolutely sickened that Bush and Co. essentially said Iraq and 9/11 in the same sentence as to justify the invasion of Iraq.  He discussed, as I believe to be the truth, that 9/11 is an indirect result of our foreign policy in the Middle East region.  Wahhabi fundamentalism [the strict sect of Islam used by followers of Al Qaeda] is actually the same sect of Islam used by the Saudi government to keep their virtual dictatorship in the region.  The United States has gotten a very bad image there by keeping this unpopular dictatorship in power, attempts to keep the Shah in power in Iran in the past, selling weapons to both Iran and Iraq during their war, intervening in Iraq in the 70s, and who can forget after Kuwait slant drilled into the Iraqi oil supply us defending them stealing oil in Desert Storm.  And oh yeah, training bin Laden in the first place with the "enemy of the enemy is my friend" ideology short sighted foreign policy.  Al Qaeda is a bunch of whackjobs but having such an unpopular reputation in the region because we helped murder, maim, and kill gave those already f***ed up whackjobs the reason to hate us and whammo....9/11.

The Osama Clock link....are we still even TRYING to catch him?

:huh: