Valentin

toasty

Originally posted by mac9001

I get this feeling that Rauch will start the season in AAA, and Rocky will take the 5th spot. I really like Rocky, that fastball when its on is one of the best in baseball.

I think that the Sox like Rauch, but they also seem very timid about bringing him up. Maybe he's not fully ready and they want to give him a bit more time recovering.

Still, odds are the Sox won't need a 5th starter right out of the gates or at least thats how it typically works when the season starts.

putting valentin on SS and just leaving him alone would be the best thing for this team...with him and crede on the left side i think we will have more rnage then we have ever had at those two positions at the same time since ive been following the sox..of course jerry the tinkerer will make sure that doesnt happen...

Generally, I like this team as is. I believe the kids on the mound are ready and will do a more than adequate job. Let's add a catcher, Barrett maybe, and some LH pop. I'd still like to see us go after Brian Giles with a package built around Lee. Just don't include Garland in any deals.

I'd love getting Giles, but if the Sox are going to add payroll, I'd like to see it done around a pitcher.

Still, Giles would give us an amazing lineup and would add left handed power.

If the Pirates were willing to dump him without getting one of our top prospects, I'd do it, and just sign someone like Person for a mill.

Either way, I am happy with the team and as long as we add one pitcher(Right now I don't even care who it is if its via free agency) and then get a back up catcher I'll be happy.

If we get Orlando Palmerio, I'll be excited.