Bill Maher: God/Organized Religion, yes or no

greg775

Bill Maher:God/ yes or no  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)
What reason is there to believe this is true though?

My memories, personality, feelings, thoughts, goals, desires, etc are a product of, and reside in, my brain. When I die, my brain will rot and all of these things will be destroyed. What evidence is there to believe that a unknown force uses an unknown process to make a copy of all these things and sends the copy to an unknown place?

Good question. I have no proof of my statements. That's really going to suck if we die and that's that. I happen to believe we will live on. Why else would that one passage be in the Bible .... John 14:2. Why would somebody just make this up and put it in the good book?

The passage is ... ""Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.…"

So we will be in heaven and we will remember stuff from earth, folks.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 09:33 PM)
Good question. I have no proof of my statements. That's really going to suck if we die and that's that. I happen to believe we will live on. Why else would that one passage be in the Bible .... John 14:2. Why would somebody just make this up and put it in the good book?

The passage is ... ""Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.…"

So we will be in heaven and we will remember stuff from earth, folks.

For the same reason George R.R. Martin killed Ned Stark...because he wanted too.