The Official App Thread

Texsox

Here is one ap that someone needs to develop.

Crowd source wait app. Log in when you arrive at a place and click off when you are served. Eventually a pattern will appear and people can judge when to go. Places it would be nice would be the emissions place in Schaumburg.

Food Truck app similar to Tap Hunter.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 07:11 AM)
Here is one ap that someone needs to develop.

Crowd source wait app. Log in when you arrive at a place and click off when you are served. Eventually a pattern will appear and people can judge when to go. Places it would be nice would be the emissions place in Schaumburg.

Food Truck app similar to Tap Hunter.

In order for something like this to exist, it has to source data from nearly ubiquitous app installation, which is easier said than done. It would also need to be much easier than manually logging in and logging out every visit. Even Google can't convince Apple users to install Hangouts...then again, Google acts like a petulant 2 year old with no attention span when it comes to chat apps...so there's that.

In either case, something like this is already incorporated into Google Maps. When you bring up a business, it will show you peak times that specific business is busy based on crowd sourced information.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
I feel restaurants keep track of and monitor their ticket times already without an app.

But I want to be able to check my phone and see what restaurants have the shortest wait time right now and chose accordingly.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
But I want to be able to check my phone and see what restaurants have the shortest wait time right now and chose accordingly.

I smell what you're cooking. I'd be surprised if this isn't out there yet.

I'd do it where you open app and hit an arrove button. When you are seated, you it another button, and when your food finally arrived, hit another. Team up with Yelp for reviews.

Edited by Brian