Someone get Frank a lolipop

Bmr31

Guest hotsoxchick1
HSC, you think we will be dumping a lot of guys this offseason?  Personally I think a few trades and changes might be good for the team.  Starting with Manuel. I also agree with you guys about Frank.  He really probably should be gone.  We need some new blood in here.

sff yea im thinkin we see alot of changes this year... starting at the top working down.... there is so much buzz going on around now that its gettin hard to take notes and put things together which would make the most sense .......im tryin to keep track of this stuff and jottin down it as i hear it ... im lookin things over and puttin two and two together for my own purposes.....i have a feeling that with the seasons end we will hear a few major announcements either at the begining or mid october... then the rest will fall into place around december......winter meetins should be a hoot thats for sure.......mho's though.....speculation for now....

sff yea im thinkin we see alot of changes this year... starting at the top working down.... there is so much buzz going on around now that its gettin hard to take notes and put things together which would make the most sense .......im tryin to keep track of this stuff and jottin down it as i hear it ... im lookin things over and puttin two and two together for my own purposes.....i have a feeling that with the seasons end we will hear a few major announcements either at the begining or mid october... then the rest will fall into place around december......winter meetins should be a hoot thats for sure.......mho's though.....speculation for now....

I don't think Frank is going anywhere but 1st base for the Sox.

Thanks, just lemme know if you get any dirt. I would love to hear what some of the plans they have going are right about now. Wondering what the "Braintrust" is planning.

Some of you just don't seem to get it about Frank's contract. It's all in favor of Frank until the very last yr. That's the only year the SOX can buy out.

Now ask yourself this question. If you are guaranteed 6,8,10 over the next 3 yrs just for opting to stick with the SOX why would you risk that?

This contract was designed with the intention that Frank would finish with the SOX & the only thing that would keep him from that is an MVP like season. Well that clearly didn't happen.

What the SOX gained in the contract is the right to trade Frank any time, any where.

Likewise, they saved themselves that 7% interest on the deferred $ for the remaining yrs.

Let me re-cap this for you:

Every year until the last year this is how the Thomas contract works.

Frank opts to stay = 2MIL raise

Frank opts to leave & SOX opt for him to stay = 4MIL raise

2k5-7: Frank can buyout for 2MIL.

2k4-7: Frank can earn an additional 2MIL worth in bonuses for what amounts to meeting the performance criteria of the old diminished skills clause. (Silver slugger, top 5 MVP, batting title, etc)

So if Frank opts to stay he has 24-30mil guaranteed over the next 3 yrs.

Who will offer him more? Who's going to trade for that contract?

Say the SOX chip in some $$$ to a team in the trade. How much?

If a team was able to get Frank for 21mil/3 yrs (SOX picking up the bonus $$$)

would they bother to do so?

Frank will remain a member of the WHITE SOX for at least 3 yrs. Book it.