A Fake GM's Rebuild To-Do List

Flash

29 minutes ago, frogsplash31 said:

I think Pollock gets somewhere in the ballpark of what Cain got. Have to think minimum 4/65.

Yup, that's a good measure.

For that contract, I unfortunately do not want Pollock here on the White Sox. As great as he is, there is injury risk to the maximum and age downside associated with that. 

25 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yup, that's a good measure.

For that contract, I unfortunately do not want Pollock here on the White Sox. As great as he is, there is injury risk to the maximum and age downside associated with that. 

In the 3 years prior to reaching free agency, Cain put up 12.6 fWAR. If Pollock doesn't get hurt again this year, he'll have put up something like 6.5. He still missed a month and a half of the season. Cain put up 4.3 fWAR with the Royals in 2017 the year before hitting FA, Pollock is on pace for something like 3-3.5. If they get the same contract, it's because the contract drought that happened last offseason has totally ended, because those are no where near comparable records.

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

In the 3 years prior to reaching free agency, Cain put up 12.6 fWAR. If Pollock doesn't get hurt again this year, he'll have put up something like 6.5. He still missed a month and a half of the season. Cain put up 4.3 fWAR with the Royals in 2017 the year before hitting FA, Pollock is on pace for something like 3-3.5. If they get the same contract, it's because the contract drought that happened last offseason has totally ended, because those are no where near comparable records.

Maybe Fowler would have been a better comp, but he also go 5/80.