Does It Matter At all If We Win The Division?

Soxsi75

For playoff seeding/HFA? Probably not. Does winning the division matter in and of itself? Ask these guys:

In fact, you might have to ask them. They've all won the central more recently than us, and the White Sox are the only Central team with no players on the roster that have won an AL Central division title*.

*Somewhat hilariously, this would no longer be true if the Sox call up Clayton Richard to the MLB rosters, since he was a late season call-up for the '08 White Sox. Chris Getz also played 10 games for that team. 

Nope is the simple answer. Seeding here is going to be dicey. early on we wanted to avoid being a 7/8 seed to avoid the Yankees. Now we may play them with the Yanks being 7/8 seed. Simply put from my perspective I'd like to avoid the Rays, Indians. But it's a toss up on a 3 game series for almost any match up.  I don't want Snell/Glasnow/Morton or Bieber/Carrasco/Civale/Pleasac or whatever order they bring out. Outside of that? I can match up with almost any team. A healthy Yankees team wouldn't be ideal either but i'm not sure that's a thing. 

Thing that sucks is comign into this year i was really hoping Cease/Kopech/Rodon would step up and take the #3 spot in the rotation by the horns. Thus far it hasn't even come close to happening. Going to be tough to win the 1st round, let alone any future ones without anything from those guys. Hopefully Cease can round into form just in time and Rodon can get back to throw a few games before end of season. not looking great with his last setback.