Sox Dropouts

Jim Fainter

Guest wsc425

Jim Fainter, we traded him. I believe that was when we traded him for Armaury Garcia or Julio Ramirez, we also traded Mark Roberts in one of those deals, who was separate.

We traded Abbot for Garcia, who is still in our system without much hope.

IMO, the game that epitomized the 2000 Sox was the Angels comeback. I lived in Spain but at the time I was back in the US to be with my grandma in her final days. I went to the next door neighbors house and watched the game which was one of like 3 televised games I saw during those three years I lived in Spain. It was the top of the eighth and the Sox were down 6-2. They scored two that inning and went against Percival in the ninth. Somebody (perhaps Jeff Abbot) tied the game and Ray Durham put us ahead but then the Angels tied it in the bottom half. In the tenth we took over and added four runs to grab the 11-7 win. 2 runs over 8 innings but then 9 over 3. Amazing...

For me, outside of the games Ive seen live at Comiskey, this game, the multihomer game for JC and that Cubs comeback are my favorite Sox membories ever...

We traded Abbot for Garcia, who is still in our system without much hope.

IMO, the game that epitomized the 2000 Sox was the Angels comeback. I lived in Spain but at the time I was back in the US to be with my grandma in her final days. I went to the next door neighbors house and watched the game which was one of like 3 televised games I saw during those three years I lived in Spain. It was the top of the eighth and the Sox were down 6-2. They scored two that inning and went against Percival in the ninth. Somebody (perhaps Jeff Abbot) tied the game and Ray Durham put us ahead but then the Angels tied it in the bottom half. In the tenth we took over and added four runs to grab the 11-7 win. 2 runs over 8 innings but then 9 over 3. Amazing...

For me, outside of the games Ive seen live at Comiskey, this game, the multihomer game for JC and that Cubs comeback are my favorite Sox membories ever...

I was at that game at Anaheim Stadium...it was so cool. Every time I'm ever their the Sox lose (i got to pretty much every game they play) and finally they made the comeback and it was awesome. I was on the tv, you could hear my voice screaming in the background.

A great game that year that epitomized what the team could be when healthy was the game in September versus the Angels.  The Sox were down 8-2 in the eighth and came back to win it - I was there and it was one hell of a time!

How can a comeback in SEPTEMBER epitomize the 2000 White Sox season????? Yeah, a comeback that late in the season is good, but, up until the Abbott HR against the Twins or, and I can buy this moment of epitomy even more, the brawl against Detroit, the White Sox season could have gone either way. The Abbott HR and the brawl brought the White Sox together early on in 2000 to make winning the division, and winning the game in Anaheim, possible.

I have been saying for the last 2 seasons that they needed to go out there and get in a fight with some team cause IMO that is the reason this team came together the way they did. They need to get out there and really kick the s*** out of some team both with their bats and with their fist. Like show were no punks and kick some ass this season maybe that will get the fire burning again

The Godfather

I have been saying for the last 2 seasons that they needed to go out there and get in a fight with some team cause IMO that is the reason this team came together the way they did. They need to get out there and really kick the s*** out of some team both with their bats and with their fist. Like show were no punks and kick some ass this season maybe that will get the fire burning again

The Godfather

We play the Twins in April this year, not June!!!! :lol: :bringit

A great game that year that epitomized what the team could be when healthy was the game in September versus the Angels.  The Sox were down 8-2 in the eighth and came back to win it - I was there and it was one hell of a time!

It was 6-2. I just told the whole story. I remember that game like it was yesterday...

hey Dave Pyscho Letterman :) you may remember it like it was yesterday but it was 8-2 when we came back - I was there, with imadman and hoosiere (ms imadman) and what a time it was. We had games like that over that Labor Day weekend - the following Sunday we had a huge lead, lost it, and came back to win.

hey Dave Pyscho Letterman  :)  you may remember it like it was yesterday but it was 8-2 when we came back - I was there, with imadman and hoosiere (ms imadman) and what a time it was.  We had games like that over that Labor Day weekend - the following Sunday we had a huge lead, lost it, and came back to win.

Im telling you, it was 6-2 when we came back. We scored 2 runs in the eighth, 3 in the ninth, they scored one in the ninth and we scored 4 in the 10th. They mighta scored one in the tenth but Im not sure. Ya know, maybe were thinking of different games. What was the final score of the game youre thinking of? Mine was 11-7. We were playing the Angels in the game you were thinking of, right? Ill find a boxscore and post the link.

Click here!

This is it. I think you guys might be thinking of a different game because the final was 11-7 and that shows that the Angels never had eight. And also, the game fanof14 is talking about was in September and this one was in July. I know this is the one I watched on TV because I watched it from my dying grandmas neighbors house a day or so before she died and she died on July 31. It sure wasnt in September, I know that...

The game that I was rememberiong was September 1st, and we won 9-8 after trailing 8-2. The key was a 6 run 8th, with Frank and Mags going back to back. The last runs were Valentin singling in JP and Ray.

On September 3rd we won 13-12. we trailed 4-0, then went ahead with a 9 run 1st, then trailed 12-9, and won with two in the bottom of the 8th, Lee doubled, Perry tripled, PK with the sacrifice.

I was exhausted after that weekend at Comiskey.

And I am glad I keep all my old scorecards for these things!

The game that I was rememberiong was September 1st, and we won 9-8 after trailing 8-2.  The key was a 6 run 8th, with Frank and Mags going back to back.  The last runs were Valentin singling in JP and Ray.

On September 3rd we won 13-12.  we trailed 4-0, then went ahead with a 9 run 1st, then trailed 12-9, and won with two in the bottom of the 8th, Lee doubled, Perry tripled, PK with the sacrifice.

I was exhausted after that weekend at Comiskey.

And I am glad I keep all my old scorecards for these things!

The September 3rd game is the one that sticks out in my mind from the 2000 season. I remember it because I knew Frank was going to homer that day. After he got one of his doubles, I said "He's going to hit a homer today."

Later that day....well, you know the story!

Frank doubled in the 1st, Frank doubled again in the 1st, walked in the 3rd, homered in the 6th, and flew out to right in the 7th, went 4-2-3-4 on the day.

The next question wsf, is who did you go with?

Another great thing about Sox games is who you are with. On the September 3rd game, my best friend from high school and I had the time of our lives watching the momemtum swing back and forth like a clock.

And did you save your scorecard? I have all of mine - never know when you need to know that baldwin gave up 7 earned runs in 2.1 innings against the As, Ginter likewise sucked (4 runs in 1 inning) and that Wunsch got the win and Foulke the save. Romon Ortiz gave up 9 runs to the Sox in .2 inning, but Hasegawa gave up 4 runs in 2 innings, the last 3 we needed to come back and win.

hey Dave Pyscho Letterman  :)  you may remember it like it was yesterday but it was 8-2 when we came back - I was there, with imadman and hoosiere (ms imadman) and what a time it was.  We had games like that over that Labor Day weekend - the following Sunday we had a huge lead, lost it, and came back to win.

Im telling you, it was 6-2 when we came back. We scored 2 runs in the eighth, 3 in the ninth, they scored one in the ninth and we scored 4 in the 10th. They mighta scored one in the tenth but Im not sure. Ya know, maybe were thinking of different games. What was the final score of the game youre thinking of? Mine was 11-7. We were playing the Angels in the game you were thinking of, right? Ill find a boxscore and post the link.

I think the two of you are talking about completely different Angels comebacks, but maybe I'm wrong.

I just know the one I'm talking about was at Edison Field and I was at that one. :D