Dean unstable?? 2.0

cwsox

I think we need a new thread to handle this since the other thrad has been hijacked for something other.

By all rights I should have been a Dean supporter, but something held me back, a concern that something was questionable. The Iowa concession speech to be is like Dukakis in a helmet, Muskie crying about the attacks on his wife, Romney saying he was brainwashed on Vietnam - an instant campaign killer.

I have been supporting Clark. Kerry has made an impressive comeback from being down in the polls and looks ready tot ake on the worlld. Soxheads choice of Edwards seems very wise in that Edwards has been running an impressive campaign of optimism and hope and refusing to go negative. I think that after the South Carolina and other primaries in early February and the Michigan caucus on February 7th that we will be down to those three real candidates.

Dean should eb thanked for energizing the pre-voting campaign season and getting everyone fired up. It is time for him to step away - hardest thing to do foir a competitor - but time. The voters will tell him that, in my opinion.

The polling of the caucus participants was also fascinating. People were voting not on who agreed with them most but in choosing the best possible candidate. That is a shift from the way those decisions are usually made. The electorate is stirring in unusual ways. Intertesting to see how it comes out.

A little sidenote about Dean...He was pretty funny on the Late Show doing the Top Ten. A candidate with personality that can make fun of himself tends to do better than someone who is boring. Gore seemed to be the bore (sorry) and after he lost showed some of his emotion and sense of humor. He was pretty good on SNL.

I know nothing about politics, nor do I claim to, but that outburst from Dean clinched him my vote, if I vote, for sure.

I've never laughed harder than when I saw that speech. Whether people view it as good or bad, it's gotten him a s*** load of publicity.

I also have never liked Dean. I've had many lunches with friends and meetings with profs where we've ended up lamenting the state of democrats where he's the best that could be drudged up.

Currently, I'm spending a little time working on the Kucinich campaign in Minnesota. I know he's a long shot (and that's being kind)--but I like his stances. And I was supposed to meet him next month, but then he changed his day to visit my town to the day of my big conference.

Other than Kucinich--I think that Kerry is strongest on the issues I'm up on. Although I do enjoy Clark and I think his military record would strike a cord now. But I like Kerry as an introducer of the VAWA act. I think that if/when Kucinich drops out I'll join the Kerry group.

I would be very happy with a Kerry/Clark or Kerry/Edwards ticket. But my heart would be with a double K ticket. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid the only ticket Kucinich will be punching is his plane ride home after the NH primary. Even though I share little common ground with him politically, I like his personality and spunk when it comes to politics. Him holding up those charts during the debate tonight was classic. I'll be sad to see the guy go especially cuz he shares my initials.

I would be most in favor of a Kerry/Clark or Kerry/Edwards ticket. I just don't see Dean as a VP.