Article from Tribune

Soxy

Exactly. I have talked to people about this and most people that were around say that this was a sox town until the early 80's. The upperdeck in Wrigley was closed down for most games through the 70s becuase they couldn't draw enough. I don't know if this is totally true, just going by what I have been told by people I have discussed this with. Would anyone like to share their knowledge of this?

That's a lot of nonsense. Chicago has been a Cubs town since the late 60's. Ever since 1981 when Reinsdorf bought the team, the White Sox have almost always won more games than the Cubs. The whole idea that Chicago went from the Sox to the Cubs despite the Sox being a better team most years is sheer nonsense.

Its just another fallacy dreamt up by the fans who dump on the ownership.

I'm led to believe the whole Vanderburg article was a big conspiracy piece, written right before SoxFest, on purpose. 

:lol:

Oh, and  :rolleyes:

Great vandenburg is a sox fan, so your saying it was to get us riled up before the massive event this weekend? It worked. I should be in rare form

Great vandenburg is a sox fan, so your saying it was to get us riled up before the massive event this weekend? It worked. I should be in rare form

No, someone who's fond of conspiracy theories said it was printed by the Trib as a conspiracy, since they own the Cubs and SoxFest is this weekend.

And that lifelong Sox fan Vandenburg is writing this only to please his Tribune Co. bosses. :lol:

Oh, and :rolleyes:

No, someone who's fond of conspiracy theories said it was printed by the Trib as a conspiracy, since they own the Cubs and SoxFest is this weekend.

And that lifelong Sox fan Vandenburg is writing this only to please his Tribune Co. bosses. :lol:

Oh, and  :rolleyes:

shoot me an email on where your getting your info. I don't think The trib is into conspiracy theories. I may not like them but I don't know about that theory.

PS - I agre with the article. - All the newspapers are putting pressure on this org, because they deserve it.