Joe Crede

Soxplosion

0-9 in ST? I know its only ST but is anyone worried? Could last year have possibly been a fluke? I hope not and I doubt it too. I think hell come around. The White Sox are just getting warmed up!

I kinda wish they werent doin so hot in ST tho because when they stink in ST they murder people in the season...

I remember Robin Ventura going 0 for 52? 59? whatever - in his rookie season

We were lucky we didn't have the internet then because people would have been screaming for Ventura to be dumped and we would lost one of our better players in our history.

Worried about 0-9? No way.

The only big negative i see to Crede is he is one of the biggest streak hitters. He's been that way at every level so far. When he's on, you cant touch him, when he's off, ouch!

He'll be ok.

And ventura was 0-41 . :) I remember suffering through it. I promoted Ventura to all my friends before anyone really knew who he was just like i did with Crede.

0-9 in ST? I know its only ST but is anyone worried? Could last year have possibly been a fluke?

Yes, last year was a fluke! But only in that he will not put up All-Star numbers this year and he won't hit 35 bombs like he was on pace for last year. His numbers will be much more seasonable and rookie-like. That doesn't mean they will be bad, just don't expect too much. He'll be fine.

Crede will be fine. But say something happens and he isnt. Who do you put at 3b?

i say graff.

Graff will probably be our best choice in that case. Or we can bring up Miles or Harris to 2nd, and shift Jimenez to SS, Valentin to third. But of course we wouldnt want all that tinkering again. :rolleyes:

And ventura was 0-41 .  :) I remember suffering through it. I promoted Ventura to all my friends before anyone really knew who he was just like i did with Crede.

And we thought you were a big douche both times! :lol:

Seriously though, RPS knows 3B talent when he sees it. He was big on Crede before I really ever heard of him and everything he said about him (streak hitter, needs to be in the line-up everyday, needed to shorten his swing in the minors) was true. I never should have doubted him.

Jeff Torborg.  I liked him a lot better then Gene Lamont.

I liked Torborg a great deal and was angry with him for leaving us. He was a good manager of our team.

Torborg was one of my favorite Sox managers. The players seemed to genuinely like playing for him and he had a very approachable demeanor. Bevington was the anti-Torborg. Bev's been the worst thus far.

Jeff Torborg.  I liked him a lot better then Gene Lamont.

I liked Torborg a great deal and was angry with him for leaving us. He was a good manager of our team.

Torborg was one of my favorite Sox managers. The players seemed to genuinely like playing for him and he had a very approachable demeanor. Bevington was the anti-Torborg. Bev's been the worst thus far.

I thought Torberg was good, too. Bevington was horrible.... but Don Gutteridge was the worst.

Bevington was horrible.... but Don Gutteridge was the worst.

Gutteridge was in over his head but Bevington was just one dumb f***. I'd rank Bevington as worse than Gutteridge. It is really a matter of ranking the intangibles of really bad managers.

And ventura was 0-41 .  :)

who was the manger (don't remember and don't feel like looking it up when you know right off

Jeff Torborg. I liked him a lot better then Gene Lamont.

I liked Torborg too. I'm having a brain lock on why he left and Lamont was brought in. The Sox were down in 91 compared to 90, but they still had a winning record. That 1990 season was really great, hardly anyone expected it, including me. Terry Bevington definitely was baaad.

If you are worried about Crede, then you need to be worried about Thomas. Crede is 0fer and Thomas is 2-13. Personally, I am not worried about either yet, but Crede should have played winter ball (I read that he didn't and the team wasn't happy about it).

If you are worried about Crede, then you need to be worried about Thomas.  Crede is 0fer and Thomas is 2-13.  Personally, I am not worried about either yet, but Crede should have played winter ball (I read that he didn't and the team wasn't happy about it).

I dont think the team is mad at Crede. After the season was over, I read articles about JM saying Crede played awesome that is why Crede was given a time off and didnt need to play in the winter ball.