1st War Room Mock Draft

DBAHO

QUOTE(LDF @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
i think that you are way off on this.

how were you able to figure out the value of the pick???

Agreed. That's a bit steep, especially when you consider this year's draft class. If you look at draft history, thats far too demanding.

I think the only reason you see the Bears move down will be if they feel they can get their guy at a later pick, maybe pick up a third rounder (compensation for the Booker deal) and save some cash.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 18, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
Agreed.  That's a bit steep, especially when you consider this year's draft class.  If you look at draft history, thats far too demanding.

I think the only reason you see the Bears move down will be if they feel they can get their guy at a later pick, maybe pick up a third rounder (compensation for the Booker deal) and save some cash.

reading in the other sports site and other nfl sports forum, bears trading down for lets say dallas 2 first rounders or another teams 1 , a 2nd and 4 is still possible.

what a time for some of the good underclassmen for not coming out. what s***ty luck of us, but look at sfo who could've has the usc qb.

look for alex barron or jammal brown both "ot" to be the pick the bears will make.

Ive posted this before, and Im sure teams have variations but:

Trade Value Chart

It just depends how far they trade down what type of package they could get.

Also next years 1st round picks are valued much lower than this years, because you do not know what selection you are getting.

According to this the Cowboys picks are slightly more valuable than the Bears pick.

SB

Why the hell are the Bears at number 26 in the draft pick? They should be much closer to number 1, and not behind the Packers. Thats for sure. Theyve got Favre, what the hell else do they need?

And yeah theres definitly a good chance Maddox will be here soon.

As stated before, people are putting Brown at 4, because they think that is where he should go.

Its to hard to mock with trades, so they just put players where they think they will get drafted. Many people think the Bears will trade down, therefore 4 is a place where a team might try and jump up and take Brown (makes sense cause there are rumors Bucs may be looking rb at 5).

If this is the case, then the Bears 4 is going to start increasing in value.

SB

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Portis was a great second-round pick, but this year's 2nd rounder for the Broncos could be even better. Tatu m Bell led the NFL in Yard per carry and should be just outstanding if he can be healthy enough to play 16 games next year. As fo the Edwards/Williams debate-I would take Braylon. I just worry about a guy not playing ball for a year. He is a superfreak though.

Articles I've seen in the last few days indicate that the Bears really want a playmaker, and are willing to take a RB like Brown at #4 to do so. That's crazy, why not just trade down, and still pick up Mike Williams, and get an extra 2nd or 3rd in the process?

When you've heard that Mike WIlliams and Braylon Edwards could go 4 or 12, it just goes to show that nobody knows what the hell is going on. Teams picking 1,2 and 4 are all very interested in moving down. I expect a lot of fluctuation. That said, If you move down, you better not only have Mike Williams in your heart or you could get disappointed. One must think that the two impact receivers will be gone after SD picks at 12.

I wouldn't count on Braylon and Mike being the only 2 impact WR's in the draft after the combines are over. I truly think Troy Williamson will make some noise and possibly end up as the best WR in the draft, or atleast a top 15 pick. If he can truly show he's 6'2 and can run a 4.4, he could be tops in my opinion.