Ryan Sweeney...

JDsDirtySox

Is is just me, or does Ryan Sweeney look much more comfortable at the plate than Brian Anderson does?

I am not saying Sweeney is God (not yet anyways), but everytime he comes up to bat he looks relaxed and takes good swings. Anderson has had nearly 400 ABs and still looks lost for weeks at a time.

Its easy to tell that Ozzie loves Ryan Sweeney, but does anyone else think BA is going to have a hard time getting out of the doghouse?

Edited by JDsDirtySox

Sweeney does look like a more polished hitter than Anderson, but two things--one, Anderson's light years better than Sweeney in CF, and two, Sweeney doesn't hit for much power. He's not the answer for CF unless he just totally outperforms Anderson....meaning Anderson hits .190 again and Sweeney sets the world on fire in spring training. In other words, only if we have no choice IMO.

Everyone has always known Sweeney has a far greater upside. The only question is whether Sweeney is good enough to be an everyday CFer and whether he'll eventually develop some power to go with a sweet swing.

As far as BA goes, I remember commenting on how lost his swing was, but at the same time he has a lot of raw ability and he's fully capable of being a solid offensive player and when you combine that with his defense you have a pretty nice looking prospect/player.