2003 whitesox

bulokis

Can somebody tell me when is the winter meetings? I am so excited bcoz I am hoping the Sox will come out big and get a good starting pitcher. I think the SOX will be very interesting this coming season. Do we guys have a chance to get Colon or Maddux? One of them will give the sox a great 1-2 punch in Buerhle and Colon/Maddux. If we cant get them, how about Byrd or Shawn Estes?

At first I thought the Koch trade was awful bcoz we lose valentine. But I heard Koch talking on ESPN radio 1000 yesterday and he seems fun. He was making jokes about Rowands accident and Rowand should give him #44 for being stupid and hurting himself. He kept saying he wants the ball no matter how many innings he needs to be out there just to help the team win. He also said he was glad he didnt face maggs, paulie and frank that much last season bcoz they are great hitters.

Originally posted by bulokis

Can somebody tell me when is the winter meetings? I am so excited bcoz I am hoping the Sox will come out big and get a good starting pitcher. I think the SOX will be very interesting this coming season. Do we guys have a chance to get Colon or Maddux? One of them will give the sox a great 1-2 punch in Buerhle and Colon/Maddux. If we cant get them, how about Byrd or Shawn Estes?

At first I thought the Koch trade was awful bcoz we lose valentine. But I heard Koch talking on ESPN radio 1000 yesterday and he seems fun. He was making jokes about Rowands accident and Rowand should give him #44 for being stupid and hurting himself. He kept saying he wants the ball no matter how many innings he needs to be out there just to help the team win.  He also said he was glad he didnt face maggs, paulie and frank that much last season bcoz they are great hitters.

I think the meetings start on the 13th until the 16th

I missed the Koch interview, but I like the idea that he's a leader type guy.

as far as gettign Colon or Maddux, I would doubt it. unless Expos are seriously looking to dump salary and get a little in return.

Byrd or Moyer are possibilities, but with Thomas most likely coming back the Sox will end up making a deal for a pitcher. I don't think they are going to add on payroll unless they are dumping some too.

Originally posted by Molto

I missed the Koch interview, but I like the idea that he's a leader type guy.

as far as gettign Colon or Maddux, I would doubt it.  unless Expos are seriously looking to dump salary and get a little in return.

Byrd or Moyer are possibilities, but with Thomas most likely coming back the Sox will end up making a deal for a pitcher. I don't think they are going to add on payroll unless they are dumping some too.

I think either Byrd or Daal is gonna be in the Silver and Black. Just MHO

Originally posted by Molto

lol, of course there will be cali, don't forget this is a white sox message board, meaning white sox fans post.

silly me, what was I thinking, it's like the f***in soup nazi "NO OPTIMISM FOR YOU, YOU COME BACK ONE YEAR!!!!"