Top 5 Chicago Sports Bars

Cubby bear is more of a concert hall these days than a sports bar.

Sluggers is a crap hole.

I haven't been to Cork & Kerry or the new Hounds Tooth enough to comment, but they seem decent enough.

I do love Joe's Bar for sports. I think it should be higher.

I find it amusing that 3 of the top 5 sports bars are in wrigleyville.

I would throw West End on this list, because I love the environment that bar has right before a Bulls game.

Im gona advertise for a local joint ive been going to for the past couple years already. Fischman liquors and tavern in Jefferson Park, cheap craft beers on tap that constantly rotate week to week, if they dont have anything you want on the draft menu you can walk directly next door to the liquor store partition of the bar and buy yourself whatever you want and theyll pour it for you at the bar. They have a rotating selection of food trucks that park up to the front door of the bar. They show UFC fights free of charge (!!!!!!!). And they are in the process of adding a restaurant to the floor plan. No frat boys, just local friendly jeff park crowd with a sprinkle of hipsters here and there.

P.S.: only bad thing is that on football sunday its a Packers bar, packers fans sit on one side of the bar and bears fans on the other side, but they serve up free hot dogs, chili, chips on game day. Pretty cool atmosphere.

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 27, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Off the beaten path but I used to live right by Healy's on Madison in Forest Park and really liked it.

Healy's westside is not off the beaten path. Love that place. Half mexican restaurant half sports bar.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 30, 2013 -> 02:43 PM)
Naperville-ish

My typical watering-hole, Taphouse Grill in Westmont is a pretty solid place to catch the games, and maybe 15 min from Naperville depending where you're at.. They don't have any of those huge TVs/projectors, but it's a relatively small room with enough screens and they'll pipe the audio in.. Not really a bro-fest, but you're probably not going to find a girl to take home either.

Awesome craft beer selection, really good food and some pretty awesome bartenders.. I'd say it's worth a shot.