Where's the Guzman Love?

beck72

Actually they could just put Willie in CF if Everett comes to camp out of shape and move AROW to RF. I think he could improve in the outfield if he had the entire year out there.

Thats probably something none of us have thought of but could be a possibility if Uribe/Harris and whoever else is at the middle infield are all producing and EVerett is out of shape and Borchard is still whiffing up a storm.

Cheat, I should add, I think the Sox could acquire Ray for not too much, get cahs paid by the Giants and therefor be paying him less then 6 mill. If the Sox want to sign Polanco at 4 mill a year for 2 or 3 years, I'd live, but 3 yr 18 million (i'd PUKE).

Of course I'd be even more pissed with Guzman at 2 yr 10 or 3 yr 15 million.

I just don't see why everyone is saying the Sox need a shortstop, THEY Don't. What the Sox need is a top of the order guy that can do the little things. Omar Vizquel was that so it made sense, especially since it meant Uribe could be a do it all guy.

None of the other shortstops on the market fit that bill, except Nomar, who would be a nice upgrade over Jose (but its unlikely he comes to the Sox), therefor they should put their focus elsewhere.

No one is going to tell me the Sox couldn't get Kendall, fill another hole, and not get the Pirates to make it where he would cost 5 or 6 million a year.

Imo, Jason Kendall >>>>>> Guzman or Polanco; Sign EY or Larkin as a platoon type player in the middle infield and its all good. Obviously EY would be the easier signing. And we all know Uribe/Harris is a very very good defensive middle infield.

The Sox need to focus on finding that OBP (top of the order guy) guy, not finding a shortstop.

Polanco plays 2b. Guzman plays SS. Harris only plays 2B. Harris would be on the bench if they signed Polanco. I don't think the Sox want Harris tied to the bench, and pay Polanco $6 mill a yr for 3 yrs.

Then they could platoon polanco with crede and willie if they are that concerned with willie losing all of his playing time. If anyone of the three get really hot, then the one who is in a slump most would be on the bench until they cool off.

You just described Jose Valentin.  :lol:

I guess I should have said get someone who can play 3 spots "well" ;)

But cairo seems like a guy who can kill LHP, and has played in that role. Jose is so streaky and a poor PH, that I don't see him in a UTL role. Maybe a decent option for a team if they have an injury. But not for the sox