Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga.

EvilMonkey

Race, as always, is a tricky subject. Where one person sees racism, another may not. What offends one group may not even cause others to shrug their shoulders. But as a while man, after reading this story, I have to say that Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga. can kiss my ass. I am sick of hearing how every criticsm of Obama is racism, veiled or otherwise. WHITE PEOPLE CAN disagree with his positions on principle. We can even disagree with them on a party basis. I can say unequivocally that my disagreements with him have absolutely nothing to do with his race, and take personal offense to the constant suggestion that every time a white guy speaks up, you see racism. Look within yourself and quit projecting onto others. YOU always see race first, sir. The constant shout of racism does a disservice to those that ARE truely effected by it and dilutes whatever credibility you think you have. You criticize the balking by the Blue Dogs bringing race into the forefront.

At a heated closed-door meeting of House Democrats last week, Rep. Hank Johnson, a Georgia Democrat and member of the Congressional Black Caucus, complained about the Blue Dogs holding up the health bill in Energy and Commerce Committee, noting pointedly that all are white men

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124865363472782519.html

Then, you try to equate Wilson with the KKK? There is more at the link, but this is the money paragraph.

In an obvious reference to the Ku Klux Klan, Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., said Tuesday that people will be putting on "white hoods and white uniforms again and riding through the countryside" if emerging racist attitudes, which he says were subtly supported by Wilson, are not rebuked. He said Wilson must be disciplined as an example.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15...wilson-rebuked/

I realize that you took over for Cynthia McKinney, but that doesn't mean you need to be as bat-s*** crazy as she is. Oh, and for the 2 or 3 of you that will no doubt come on here and type something about 'manufactured outrage', you can also kiss my pasty white a$$. Nothing manufactured about it.

Joe Wilson supported flying the Confederate Battle Flag over the South Carolina capitol, is a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans ( a group that according to the SPLC, is now Neo-Confederate), and defended the confederate heritage as honorable.

"You lie!" may not have been born out of racism, but the guy's a racist.

The idea that anyone who criticizes Obama is accused of racism every time is a laughable strawman.

Edited by chunk23

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Race, as always, is a tricky subject. Where one person sees racism, another may not. What offends one group may not even cause others to shrug their shoulders. But as a while man, after reading this story, I have to say that Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga. can kiss my ass. I am sick of hearing how every criticsm of Obama is racism, veiled or otherwise. WHITE PEOPLE CAN disagree with his positions on principle. We can even disagree with them on a party basis. I can say unequivocally that my disagreements with him have absolutely nothing to do with his race, and take personal offense to the constant suggestion that every time a white guy speaks up, you see racism. Look within yourself and quit projecting onto others. YOU always see race first, sir. The constant shout of racism does a disservice to those that ARE truely effected by it and dilutes whatever credibility you think you have. You criticize the balking by the Blue Dogs bringing race into the forefront.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124865363472782519.html

Then, you try to equate Wilson with the KKK? There is more at the link, but this is the money paragraph.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/15...wilson-rebuked/

I realize that you took over for Cynthia McKinney, but that doesn't mean you need to be as bat-s*** crazy as she is. Oh, and for the 2 or 3 of you that will no doubt come on here and type something about 'manufactured outrage', you can also kiss my pasty white a$$. Nothing manufactured about it.

There's quite a bit in Wilson's history to support a racist allegation about him specifically. Otherwise, Hank Johnson can kiss my white ass too. However, I prefer the adjective "sultry."

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
There's quite a bit in Wilson's history to support a racist allegation about him specifically. Otherwise, Hank Johnson can kiss my white ass too. However, I prefer the adjective "sultry."

The sultry Hank Johnson can kiss my white ass?!?

Oh my. . .