Everything posted by Balta1701
-
It is going to get worse before it gets better
Were you happy with the successes of the 2015 and 2016 seasons? The White Sox bet that they would be good enough those years that the additional revenue could fund their 2017 and 2018 seasons once guys like Samardzija and Frazier hit free agency. Were those teams what you wanted? Those teams are what you are asking for right now.
-
It is going to get worse before it gets better
It coulda been worse, like the Astros. Greg, of course, believes that 2017 world series championship was totally not worth it, and they would have been better winning 70 games a year and not winning that title.
-
Site BackOnline
Now that it's easy to upload files that was absolutely no work at all!
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
I'm ok with people blaming Avisail Garcia. He has like 3 days to suddenly catch fire or he has no trade value.
-
Site BackOnline
I have no issue with the popular thing I just think there's a lot of blank space and that's making it hard to have the twitter feed in there without it making the left hand column overly compact.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
Oh ok sitting there does nothing you have to start typing after it to get the text to appear. Thanks.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/987847240352911360
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
ok what am i doing wrong with the twitter embed
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Moncada's removal is being termed as a manager's decision</p>— Scott Merkin (@scottmerkin) <a href="https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/987847240352911360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 22, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
-
Site BackOnline
Let's find out. The first image is how the board page loads for me - I see the top thread, but have to scroll down more than 1/2 the page to find the other forums. There's a ton of dead space in there and that makes it a chore to scroll down and figure out where I'm heading. I think the dead space is probably bothering me the most.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
What on Earth? This is awesome how long have some of these been gone for
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
Hey that smiley still exists yay!
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
I think there's 10-15. But guys who are part of your future will struggle in their 15th career starts sometimes.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
If jobs are on the line right now then the organization is scrambling like Cleveland in football. You don't judge a team like this on W/L. You judge them a year or two down the road. In 2019 and 2020 you know darn well I'll be on the other side, but right now this is stay the course mode. THIS IS WHAT REBUILDING LOOKS LIKE. THIS IS THE PRICE WE'RE PAYING FOR GOING ALL IN ON 2015 AND 2016 AND LOSING THOSE BETS.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
LOL no. And I can't wait until he's declared a bust when he gives up 8 runs in his 10th start while having no control that day.
-
Site BackOnline
I like it being there but there's something odd about the fonts that I'm not liking. It's like some of the parts are too big and that makes me have to scroll down too far to find the other parts of this forum.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
If that's why he's out...I'm ok with that.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
Well, with the except of that 2018 Reds team on pace to be substantially worse than the worst team in the history of MLB.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
Now that's something actually worrisome.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
A guy who needed to work on consistency and repeating his delivery, who got stuck at AAA for a while because teams pushed him too hard and he hadn't developed consistency, walking the bases loaded then grooving a grand slam? By the end of the year I want Giolito wearing glasses that have a pirate symbol on them.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
I was astonished when they did better than this last August. I didn't know how that team won a game that month on paper. If you didn't think it would be like this then you haven't paid attention. "Nobody knew it would be like this". You mean like that 61 win Cubs team? The Astros winning 160 games combined over 3 seasons? Come on guys.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
The right answer is the White Sox were not going to win the division this year and so we should do exactly what we were going to do: play the kids and watch as some of them turn into really good ballplayers in a year or two
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
This is my favorite post from everyone's rant here because obviously if we call up the guy who isn't 22 yet, clearly he'll be the one who knows how to repeat his delivery and control the ball every pitch against the World Series Champs right? He won't need any time to develop unlike all the other guys. I see no real issue with that logic.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
Nice work on that swing Timmy that was a tough pitch.
-
4/21 Gamethread - Astros @ Sox - 6:10pm / WGN
That was a pretty good bit of hitting by Correa. That ball was above the letters and he still drove it to CF.