sox need to relocate.....

mike12345

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan Rodriguez makes 20% of his teams salary...

Mike Sweeney makes 25% of his teams salary...

Randy Johnson made 20% of the D-Backs salary when they won the World Series....

There are exceptions to every rule. But I challenge you to look at the numbers of teams that have one player making too high a percentage of payroll, and I will be willing to be that the numbers bear out to the advantage of spreading it around.

He's right.

Ortiz this year:

28 homers 96 rbis .285 average...all career highs

Konerko stats:

2002-27 homers 104 rbi's .304 avg.

2001-32 homers 99 rbi's  .282avg.

2000-21 homers 97 rbi's  .298avg.

Here's the major difference between Konerko and Ortiz. Ortiz is making about $1 million this year, while Konerko is making around $6.5 mill and will make around $8 mill per over the next two years. I'd take .250 20 70 from Ortiz over Konerko's .300 30 100, simply based on the financial part of it alone. And to suggest that his numbers would be any worse had he been in the White Sox lineup this year instead of the Red Sox lineup is just wrong. He would have added a LH bat in the middle of a very RH lineup...that would have made a world of difference.

...keep in mind the red sox have one of the greatest offenses in the history of baseball right now and also where they play...but that must not have anything to do with it..

So was the 2000 White Sox offense one of the greatest of all time too? I personally would say....no.

You know what I find so funny about that? The Marlins(IRod's team) have a GREAT manager. The Royals(Sweeney's team) have a GREAT MANAGER. And in 2001, the DBacks(RJ's team) were managed VERY WELL. I see some KEY words in there. And if you used them in describing the Chicago White Sox, you would be laughed at.

so what makes you think another team besides the yankees or the red sox will take on his salary.....I guranntee that if we trade konerko he will have a badass year and we will regret and then i will have to listen to you clowns talk about how the sox management is horrible...this complaining is a never ending cycle that needs to stop...i'm not asking anyone to kiss ass..i am just saying take a side and stay on that side no matter what...

Circumstances change and change is needed at times. You can't effectively run a baseball team by falling in love with your own players. The fans on here, for the most part, are simply putting themselves in the GM's shoes and saying that they would make this move or that move. It's not a matter of, say, dumping Maggs because they are pissed off. It's a matter of deciding can we afford to keep Maggs and if not, what can we get for him? Can we improve the club by trading Maggs even if we can afford to keep him? Those are the type of questions a GM has to ask himself every off season.

As for the Konerko vs. Ortiz debate ..... We may have had a guy on this team that would have given us Ortiz-like numbers if he was used properly. Daubach. That was a case where JM failed to give him enough at bats to let him get into a rythem. In this case, I guess, JM didn't "tinker" enough.

I am just as mad as everyone here that the sox blew it but i am still optimistic about next season and hope we keep this team together because they still had a good second half of the season....What makes me even more uspet is watching these "loyal" fans say maggs,thomas, and konerko need to go..i guess a .323 hitter isnt good enough for you all...As far as I am concerned the sox should relocate to a place where they will get more respect....

There is a team in Chicago that never gets criticized for poor play, and in fact markets it. Go celebrate the Cubbies, if you want fans who mindlessly cheer incompetence.