Just Go For It

Dunt

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:49 AM)
I don't know how any White Sox fan could be pleased with trading Sale and Abreu for prospects. This whole situation scares me to death. I can easily see this team losing over 100 games FOR YEARS if these trades are made. I think its madness to do that. It would be much easier to add to this team rather than subtract/rebuild. Trading off their best players for prospects could turn this franchise into its worse era since the 1930s. I hope I'm wrong about this but that's how I see it. If anybody thinks this team is irrelevant now in the Chicagoland area, it will only get worse after a few 100 loss seasons.

Because the White Sox have been doing everything they can to win and still losing 80+ games a year for 4 years. It really is that simple. 100 losses doesn't scare me because "We think we're as good as anyone!!!!!!" has translated to 84 losses. 4th place is not substantially better than 5th. You cannot get less relevant than "worst TV ratings in baseball over the 2015-2016 period". The difference between 20000 and 17000 tickets sold per game really doesn't concern me, they're both still crap.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
Because the White Sox have been doing everything they can to win and still losing 80+ games a year for 4 years. It really is that simple. 100 losses doesn't scare me because "We think we're as good as anyone!!!!!!" has translated to 84 losses. 4th place is not substantially better than 5th. You cannot get less relevant than "worst TV ratings in baseball over the 2015-2016 period". The difference between 20000 and 17000 tickets sold per game really doesn't concern me, they're both still crap.

I think removing Ventura is good for about 4-5 wins, a legit CF adds about 2-3 wins, a LH bat that actually produces at DH can add a coupe more W's, that puts you right in the thick of things. You get a couple bounces go your way during the season and 90+ wins is not unachievable by any means, especially if a C is also added.

Trading Sale, Abreu, Q and anyone else with talent gets you 90+ wins, maybe , in 2021.

Edited by Lemon_44

The White Sox organization haven't been doing everything they can to win. Signing LaRoche and Dunn isn't exactly going for it. It would have been better to sign premier free agents like Cespedes. Wasn't Albert Belle the last big name free agent signed for BIG money by the team? They'll spend millions of dollars on Keppinger, Avi Garcia and Lawrie but won't give big money to decent ballplayers. If this team goes to complete hell this 2017 season I wouldn't be surprised to see this team draw less than one million fans this year. I read elsewhere that one of the pitching prospects the team wants from Washington has already had arm problems. Do they really think he can replace Sale in the rotation? I'm not one to preach doom and gloom but I don't see anything good coming from this so called rebuid.

Have you guys not been watching White Sox baseball for the last 5 years? This team is nowhere near ready to compete with the big boys. There are massive holes all over the roster. The Sox have no catcher, no CF, No DH (give up on Avi already!), a 2b that is made out of glass, no 5th starter (Shields is toast), 2 legit bullpen arms, and no overall depth.

Also, Jerry is not gonna open the pocketbooks and spend what it would take to put this team over the top. You may want Encarncion, Fowler, Desmond, And Wieters but that is an absolute pipedream. You will get Kurt Sukuzi, Carlos Gomez, and Ryan Howard instead.

This team needs to be burned to the ground and loaded up with other teams top prospects. I just wish JR would have fired Hahn and KW late last Summer and brought in some new blood.