We have alot of work to do as far as signings go....

spataro51

I found this on whitesox.com and to see all these people of whom alot of them contribute to the team at this moment un signed after this year is a shame....

Roster update: Friday's moves reduced the 40-man roster to 37 players. Of those currently on the club's roster, nine are signed for the 2003 season, but Magglio Ordonez (2004) and Paul Konerko (2005) remain the only players currently signed beyond 2003.

Pitchers (21): Jon Adkins, Edwin Almonte, Rocky Biddle, Mark Buehrle, Felix Diaz, Billy Koch, Jon Garland, Matt Ginter, Gary Glover, Delvis Lantigua, Corwin Malone, Damaso Marte, Arnie Munoz, Antonio Osuna (2003), Mike Porzio, Jon Rauch, David Sanders, Josh Stewart, Brian West, Dan Wright, Kelly Wunsch (2003)

Catchers (3): Sandy Alomar Jr. (2003), Miguel Olivo, Josh Paul

Infielders (9): Joe Crede, Tony Graffanino (2003), Willie Harris, Tim Hummell, D'Angelo Jimenez, Paul Konerko (2005), Jeff Liefer, Frank Thomas (2003), Jose Valentin (2003)

Outfielders (4): Joe Borchard, Carlos Lee (2003), Magglio Ordonez (2004), Aaron Rowand

We have alot of work to do, somebody but get there ass in motion and figer out who they want to keep for just this year and who they want to lock in for a few more years.

In other disturbing news I am hearing that kenny williams offered Mark B a long term contract and Buerhle is regecting the sox because of what they did to him last year by only giving him the least amount of money he was eligible for and also for trying to low ball him with the contract they are offering him. That is real nice lets go ahead and piss off the ace of our staff and our only real proven pitcher that can go out and pitch day in and day out.

Also as soon as the braves offered arbitration to Maddux, we should of been right on the phone with atlanta saying we want one of your starters, LETS MAKE A DEAL! I'm just thinkg that atlanta really didn't want to give away a proven starter to the Phill's when they are in the same division, was that the best offer there? Some things I will never be able to figure out. Way to go Kenny! :eek

I think buerhle is year for a few more years, but I don;'t know until 06 maybe until 05? But don;t you think the sox should be fair with the guy, look what he can do. He is given the least amount of money he can make because of somesort, i really don;'t know the technicalities of it thou. I can see right know that he won't stay here after his elligble to leave because the sox really don't commit to anyone they will run them away or treat them like s***.

none knows for sure that he wants out, but i know if I was being treated like that, I sure in hell wouldn't want to play for a team that isn't commited to winning. I have been a die hard fan for years along with everyone in my family and I just don't see the sox ever being commited to winning I don't want to step on anyone toes by saying that but I think it is true.. we only do so much just to give the fans a teese as if to keep our interests going.

Guys, look at the roster. According to that our entire team is a FA after this year. But, most of our players are Minor-Leaguers, or fairly new to the MLB, so there contracts DO NOT expire at the end of this year. We'll have to resign Graffy (won't happen), and Osuna (eh), Frank and C Lee.

Yes, Buehrle is arbitration eligible for a while, don't worry.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

They said they offered Buerhle a real good contract and he turned it down.

I'm sorry, but Zito is better then Buerhle, imo and he was offered more money.  Allegedly of course.

if thats true and buehrle turned it down...it probably means after last year he now wants nothing to do with the sox anymore...will proably keep forcing arbitration until the sox trade him

Originally posted by Cerbaho-WG

Guys, look at the roster. According to that our entire team is a FA after this year. But, most of our players are Minor-Leaguers, or fairly new to the MLB, so there contracts DO NOT expire at the end of this year. We'll have to resign Graffy (won't happen), and Osuna (eh), Frank and C Lee.

Yes, Buehrle is arbitration eligible for a while, don't worry.

We probably won't have to resign Thomas...with the mutual options, one side will most likely accept somewhere along the way.

Regardless, if we can get rid of both Osuna this offseason, we will be good. He's a mediocre reliever who will earn around $2.5 million next year. We really don't need him when we will have Almonte and Sanders and all those others waiting in the wings ready to take over. No need giving $2.5 million to a guy that will give us the same production or worse than a guy that will earn $300,000.

This kind of thing has always been a bone of contention with me. Reinsdorf has a very consistant history of disrespecting some of the fan favorites as they leave the club. Now, I know they allowed Fisk to hang on until he broke the games caught record and gave him "a day", but the fiasco of not letting him in the clubhouse during the ALCS was crap. And in one way or another, they (JR, Schu, KW, whoever... ) disrespected BlackJack, OneDog, Guillen, Ventura, Pudge and I'm sure there are more if I would think on it. They didn't just disrespect them during negotiations, but they did it in the press as the guys were leaving. Remember them saying that Robin "didn't put butts in the seats"? So he took his superb bat and gold glove to New (gag) York! It just THRILLED me when he got that standing O the first time he came back to Comisky Park.

So, we've got Sox management using the press to bad-mouth players on the way out. And we've got players that leave and then talk about clubhouse spies and all the other crap that JR and company pull. Durham and Foulke being the most recent examples. No wonder the Sox are on so many players' "no trade" lists in their contracts. Who wants to work for an ass like JR?

Also, JR wonders why he can't average 35K in attendance. Well, JR, see the paragraph above. People don't pay to go to the ballpark to be reminded of underhanded, disrespectful corporate politics! They get enough of that s*** at work. Another reason they don't come out is because they don't believe in YOU! You are a liar. You said that a WS championship means more than an NBA title. Bulls***! First, your yesmen always talk about a commitment to "being competitive". COMPETITIVE? What's up with that? We don't want to be competetive... we want to WIN the damn thing one time! read this JR... remember it ... that's why you have so many empty seats... it's not the fans' fault.. it's yours. Jackass!

Back when Veeck was trying to sell the club, he almost sold to the DeBartolo family. The same family that owned the 49'ers. The Niners have always been considered a class organization. Stars flocked to play for them... and at a reduced salary, yet. MLB disapporoved the sale, for some bulls*** reason that I can't remember, but I was always sure it was because they didn't want the class organization of the AL to be anywhere west of the Bronx. What ever happened to the statement made when Reinsdorf and Einhorn bought the club about this being a "first class" organization? What a crock! C'mon JR .... treat the franchise, the players, the fans with the respect that a team in the city of Chicago deserves, or sell the club to someone who will.

Originally posted by YASNY 

Also, JR wonders why he can't average 35K in attendance.  Well, JR, see the paragraph above.  People don't pay to go to the ballpark to be reminded of underhanded, disrespectful corporate politics!  They get enough of that s*** at work.  Another reason they don't come out is because they don't believe in YOU! You are a liar. 

It also doesn't help your cause when you tell your season ticket holders, your most loyal fanbase, to "Shut Up" at a fan/Organization meeting after the "White Flag Trade." Just thought I'd add a point to a superior post YASNY! ;)

Originally posted by CubKilla
Originally posted by YASNY 

Also, JR wonders why he can't average 35K in attendance.  Well, JR, see the paragraph above.  People don't pay to go to the ballpark to be reminded of underhanded, disrespectful corporate politics!  They get enough of that s*** at work.  Another reason they don't come out is because they don't believe in YOU! You are a liar. 

It also doesn't help your cause when you tell your season ticket holders, your most loyal fanbase, to "Shut Up" at a fan/Organization meeting after the "White Flag Trade." Just thought I'd add a point to a superior post YASNY! ;)

This has been gnawing at me for years! I'm glad this forum exists which allowed me to get it off my chest for awhile. Thanks for the kind words CubKilla.

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime
Originally posted by witesoxfanWe probably won't have to resign Thomas...with the mutual options, one side will most likely accept somewhere along the way.

The Sox want no part of Thomas, and if he has a good year, he'll bolt.

If the Sox want no part of Thomas then why in the hell did Reinsdorf jump in so late when it was apparent that Thomas was going to sign with LA and resign him to a new deal? I think KW may want no part of Thomas...but Reinsdorf obviously does.