White Sox defensive shifts

bmags

They have been seemingly much more aggressive this year with shifting. We have a much lower Babip than the league and I wonder how much of a driver this is. Have there been any big write ups on our changes? I heard Merk made some comments on it earlier this game.

Entering Wednesday the Sox bullpen is also leading the league with a 1.88 ERA while the White Sox as a team have given up the fewest runs in the majors .

Anthony Swarzak is leading the league in most innings pitched (13.1 )without allowing an earned run. He also has a BAA of .073 and a WHIP of 0.30 Nate Jones hasn't allowed a run in his last 7 appearances while K'ing 13 .

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 3, 2017 -> 11:25 PM)
You are correct sir, sox were 14th last year, 4th so far this year.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...=&players=0

Thanks for finding how to run that. I remember Sox actually were among leaders enacting shifts in 2014 and then seemed to pull back from it. But this year, aside from the amount of htem, they seem to be more "dramatic" I guess.

It is interesting to me, as it seems like its working, but industry wise seemed like shifts were starting to be pulled back from.