This just in

southsider2k5

I don't see why hating the team helps the situation though. I don't like the fact that the cubs get more attention but I don't hate them because of it, it's not the team's fault.

It doesn't look like it matters, whether they suck or not they'll still get more attention so cheering against them doesn't accomplish anything.

This is just my opinion.

Well I guess you're right, hate is a bit of a strong word and I don't really hate any team. However it makes me feel better to cheer against them so I'll keep doing it.

As much as you dislike the Cubs, they are not deserving of ridicule on anyone's part. They are in the playoffs and we aren't. If you think they are just going to roll over and die with that pitching staff and with Dusty Baker in the dugout, you are sadly mistaken. They may not win this series, but they damn well can.

You can look at every factor in the book here:

Braves won 4-6 & 4 straight vs scrubs.

What book was the 4 straight from?

I must've been a smart one in the poll, SS ...I never thought they'd pull this outta their ass. Wood's got the team by the balls now w/respect to contract negotiations...with his playoff and big game performance, he can throw his regular season record off the table when bargaining for the big bucks...

...and with that in mind...I'd drop Sosa in a heartbeat to free up some bucks for that.

You can look at every factor in the book here:

Braves won 4-6 & 4 straight vs scrubs.

What book was the 4 straight from?

I must've been a smart one in the poll, SS ...I never thought they'd pull this outta their ass. Wood's got the team by the balls now w/respect to contract negotiations...with his playoff and big game performance, he can throw his regular season record off the table when bargaining for the big bucks...

...and with that in mind...I'd drop Sosa in a heartbeat to free up some bucks for that.

Thing is they won in spite of Sammy. I would let him walk in a heartbeat if it meant keeping that pitching staff together.

More moronic cub fan blabber today too. I just heard an idiot call Kevin Matthews and say the cubs should send in the tape of Lofton's catch to the league so that they will take away the Braves only run and give Wood a shutout. :lol:

Even if that could happen (which it can't), Wood didn't go all 9 innings for a shutout anyway. :fthecubs and :fyou cub fans.

More moronic cub fan blabber today too. I just heard an idiot call Kevin Matthews and say the cubs should send in the tape of Lofton's catch to the league so that they will take away the Braves only run and give Wood a shutout.  :lol:

Even if that could happen (which it can't), Wood didn't go all 9 innings for a shutout anyway.  :fthecubs and  :fyou cub fans.

:bang LMAO, since the league office reverses calls all of the time. :fthecubs

f***ing twit. Does he still do Jim, or has he finally heard the expression "flogging a dead horse"?

It would only make sense that he would be a Cub fan since he got booted from LUP and they eventually turned to ESPN, and weren't the Sox st that location back then also?

f***ing twit. Does he still do Jim, or has he finally heard the expression "flogging a dead horse"?

It would only make sense that he would be a Cub fan since he got booted from LUP and they eventually turned to ESPN, and weren't the Sox st that location back then also?

Still does Jim.

He was ripping the cubs up until they made the playoffs. Now almost his whole show is cub talk. Not much you can listen to on the radio or watch on tv here without hearing about the cubs right now. I don't even buy a paper anymore. Even our cafeteria at work has cubs cookies they are selling today. :puke

Another thing that is funny about moronic cub fans, they mock the Braves fans for the chop. While the chop is stupid, this mocking comes from morons that wear oversized Harry Carry glasses and sing with Barney the dinosaur, throw fake homerun balls back onto the field, and openly admit they go to games to socialize. Oh the irony.

I don't listen to the radio much now days, as all it is happens to be Cub talk. Jim Rome (who sucks) kept going on from what little I heard about how Chicago is in a state of chaos with all the celebration, and how everybody in Chicago is in love with the Cubs. Lord man, I just want one of these boneheads to say "except Sox fans".

I like Mac, Jurko, and Harry, but wish that the one voice on the station for the Sox had more hatred towards the North. Atleast Jurko stands by his Cubs and admitted he would want a Sox downfall if it were the other way around.

Kev though, sheesh, I should listen sometime to see if I still like the guy. I hated him when he first got onto the radio, then grew to liking him, then got sick of him. I miss Johhny B. big time though.

More moronic cub fan blabber today too. I just heard an idiot call Kevin Matthews and say the cubs should send in the tape of Lofton's catch to the league so that they will take away the Braves only run and give Wood a shutout.  :lol:

Even if that could happen (which it can't), Wood didn't go all 9 innings for a shutout anyway.  :fthecubs and  :fyou cub fans.

Actually..... that "diehard" stated that the Lofton tape should be sent in so that, and I quote, "Wood could be awarded a no-hitter."

Kev corrected this nit-wit really quick that it would not be a no-hitter but a SO. The caller then said, "That's what I meant."

Yeah right.