Crede article

LDF

b/c of copyright issue i am only posting some edited stuff. fn is this is still too much let me know ok.

from the trib:

White Sox rookie Joe Crede is too young to go on a late-season salary drive, but he succeeded in his drive to avoid winter ball.

Crede hit a three-run homer off right-hander Derek Lowe and drove in four runs Wednesday night in the White Sox's 7-2 victory over Boston, which eliminated the Red Sox from the wild-card race.

With 12 home runs and 34 RBIs in only 49 games, Crede earned a reprieve from winter ball from manager Jerry Manuel.

"Joe Crede is hitting everybody," Manuel said, "from a 21-game winner to all the Yankees' starters."

Jeff Liefer and Magglio Ordonez added two late shots as the club tied the franchise record of 216 home runs, set in 2000. The question White Sox fans are asking now is whether Crede could have salvaged the season if he had made the team out of Tucson, Ariz.

Sox general manager Ken Williams wanted Crede to shorten his swing and show more power after the third baseman hit .276 at Triple-A Charlotte in 2001, with 17 home runs in a bandbox park.

Crede maintains he was ready last April, but the Sox sent him down anyway.

"They said it was part of the plan," Crede said. "But I think I could've come up here and contributed to this team. I have no doubt in my mind."

Originally posted by LDF

b/c of copyright issue i am only posting some edited stuff. fn is this is still too much let me know ok. 

from the trib:

White Sox rookie Joe Crede is too young to go on a late-season salary drive, but he succeeded in his drive to avoid winter ball.

Crede hit a three-run homer off right-hander Derek Lowe and drove in four runs Wednesday night in the White Sox's 7-2 victory over Boston, which eliminated the Red Sox from the wild-card race.

With 12 home runs and 34 RBIs in only 49 games, Crede earned a reprieve from winter ball from manager Jerry Manuel.

"Joe Crede is hitting everybody," Manuel said, "from a 21-game winner to all the Yankees' starters."

Jeff Liefer and Magglio Ordonez added two late shots as the club tied the franchise record of 216 home runs, set in 2000. The question White Sox fans are asking now is whether Crede could have salvaged the season if he had made the team out of Tucson, Ariz.

Sox general manager Ken Williams wanted Crede to shorten his swing and show more power after the third baseman hit .276 at Triple-A Charlotte in 2001, with 17 home runs in a bandbox park.

Crede maintains he was ready last April, but the Sox sent him down anyway.

"They said it was part of the plan," Crede said. "But I think I could've come up here and contributed to this team. I have no doubt in my mind."

All those concerns about him being ready before have faded away. He is here now & he's going to be our starting third baseman for a long time to come. Time to put the hindsight in its place and move forward.

Thats fine. I think as long as you give the papers name where you got it from the the author then you don't have to worry too much, but thats just my assumption, I'll have to actually go figure it out.

Anyway, I don't care what Crede says cause I just don't think he was ready or would of made the impact that he has as quick as he has.

Now he is ready and he's doing awesome.

I have no doubt in my mind that Crede could have contributed more, both offensively and defensively, than K-layton whom JM continued to trot out at SS for the last 2 years. While I took a wait-and-see approach to Crede this year because of his previous two call-ups, I must admit that Crede has, so far, exceeded my expectations.

Thats fine. As long as we only quote the article and not use the article in its full form.

I called up a friend of the family whose a copyright attorney and he told me that we shouldn't post a full article, but just a quote or a link.

This way we don't get in trouble with the law cause I'd hate to see MLB come after us.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Thats fine.  I think as long as you give the papers name where you got it from the the author then you don't have to worry too much, but thats just my assumption, I'll have to actually go figure it out.

Anyway, I don't care what Crede says cause I just don't think he was ready or would of made the impact that he has as quick as he has.

Now he is ready and he's doing awesome.

I think LDF did it that way because another White Sox board was told to stop posting full articles ;). The publications want the articles linked but not reproduced in whole. Also, direct quotes should be footnoted.

I had my doubts about Crede from past experience seeing him and from all of the hype which always makes me skeptical but I am still in awe of those two HRs against TOR that night and he has been great ever since. Of course now the question is can he keep it up over a full season after teams have learned more about him? Only time will tell but for now I am a believer.

Guest hotsoxchick1

does anyone besides me think that crede reminds them of the younger version of mr. ventura???? i hope we keep this kid around for a while... hes another one who will only get better with time....

Guest hotsoxchick1

well as long as he keeps doing that voodoo he does so well... it dont matter i guess who he reminds anyone of.. he will cut his own name out of the cloth he weaves.....