Javier Baez - just asking no rumor

bmags

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I guess we will find out how important that comp pick is. They can trade him for more than the worth of a comp pick I'm imagining. Or if they don't want to give him the QO and risk him accepting it then just don't offer it and lose the comp pick.

Not that you stated differently but y2jimmy just reminded me that due to market size cubs comp pick for this would be just in the high 60s/low 70s, around 1 million for the pick. So it's valuable but not as valuable as Trevor Story's comp pick.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not that you stated differently but y2jimmy just reminded me that due to market size cubs comp pick for this would be just in the high 60s/low 70s, around 1 million for the pick. So it's valuable but not as valuable as Trevor Story's comp pick.

Is that where a Rodon comp pick would be as well?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Is that where a Rodon comp pick would be as well?

yes unfortunately, but that would still be nice since it may allow a similar strategy the past few years without absolutely punting 5 picks to seniors.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

yes unfortunately, but that would still be nice since it may allow a similar strategy the past few years without absolutely punting 5 picks to seniors.

Thanks...that’s a bummer as I had a mid 40’s pick in my mind, but would still be fun to have the extra pool to work with.