Ashton Kutcher proposes to Demi Moore

aboz56

I find this thinking very sad...

I didn't say thats my theory. Trust me, I'm the exact opposite, but I'm sure its his theory and their theory. I couldn't possibly see them actually thinking this is gonna work.

Once I get married I plan on being with that person for the rest of my life. Now it may not happen, but I will do everything in my power to make sure I find the right person before hand and don't just marry someone for some stupid reason or if I don't really like them or something like that.

To me marriage is a sacred thing, something I know I'm not ready for right now. For others it isn't, and I think that can be proven by flipping to Springer or any of the other afternoon talk shows. :bang

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends only on the people, not the ages.  The older people are the more laid back they seem to be.  In a relationship where someone is older and more laid back, the couple seems to take things easy and not get involved in the fast paced life style of a couple with two people in their twenties. 

In this case though, it is celeberties, and that is a totally different ball game.

Sorry.. but this is total bulls***.

Stop generalizing.

They won't even make it to the altar.  My guess is they both have movies coming out in February.  They need the publicity.

I agree, and that was really my point. Whether they be getting hitched by a rabbi, priest, minister, etc., marriage is essentially a religious institution. If I was a member of such an institution, it would irritate me that celebrities use it as a publicity tool. I'd be even more irritated at the designated enforcers of said religions that allow it to happen.

I'd tag it  :D

Demi Moore is hot, but I just think that they're personalities are very different (from what I have seen in movies at least)...so I give them a year or two.

People they play on the screen has NOTHING to do with the people that are behind closed doors.

True. Why does this need to be explained to people? :bang

Maybe because I am an ignorant prick and those with superior knowledge, such as yourself, need to explain these things to me

I believe to a certain extent that an actor's roles do have something to do with their real life personality. Kutcher has played for the most part only goofy characters, therefore he is probably a happy go lucky person in real life. Demi Moore on the other hand seems more like a serious person to me (and not just in movies, I can say that I have seen her in numerous tv interviews). Therefore you have the young kid, still a little immature and happy go lucky, and the Demi Moore who is much more serious, and mature. I just don't see it happening with these two.

Jim Carrey plays idiots in some one his movies.. yet still was able to pull off "Man in the Moon", "The Majestic", and "The Truman Show".

How about Jennifer Aniston and the rest of the cast of Friends? Ever heard Lisa Kudro give an interview?

And he didn't call you any names - I don't give a s*** it you did put it in green - that was a bit uncalled for dontcha think..?

Perhaps, I reacted to harshly to the comment, and I apologize to Sox2004, but I viewed the comment as an insult. Although it may not have been written as a personal insult, it seems to indicate that I am too dumb to figure something out, that pisses me off, and then the head being hit with a hammer really put me over the top.

I am in a bad mood though, so I apologize for being a jackass, but the comment truley did insult me.

I'd tag it  :D

Demi Moore is hot, but I just think that they're personalities are very different (from what I have seen in movies at least)...so I give them a year or two.

People they play on the screen has NOTHING to do with the people that are behind closed doors.

True. Why does this need to be explained to people? :bang

Maybe because I am an ignorant prick and those with superior knowledge, such as yourself, need to explain these things to me

I believe to a certain extent that an actor's roles do have something to do with their real life personality. Kutcher has played for the most part only goofy characters, therefore he is probably a happy go lucky person in real life. Demi Moore on the other hand seems more like a serious person to me (and not just in movies, I can say that I have seen her in numerous tv interviews). Therefore you have the young kid, still a little immature and happy go lucky, and the Demi Moore who is much more serious, and mature. I just don't see it happening with these two.

Jim Carrey plays idiots in some one his movies.. yet still was able to pull off "Man in the Moon", "The Majestic", and "The Truman Show".

How about Jennifer Aniston and the rest of the cast of Friends? Ever heard Lisa Kudro give an interview?

And he didn't call you any names - I don't give a s*** it you did put it in green - that was a bit uncalled for dontcha think..?

Perhaps, I reacted to harshly to the comment, and I apologize to Sox2004, but I viewed the comment as an insult. Although it may not have been written as a personal insult, it seems to indicate that I am too dumb to figure something out, that pisses me off, and then the head being hit with a hammer really put me over the top.

I am in a bad mood though, so I apologize for being a jackass, but the comment truley did insult me.

Therapy is one suggestion. :P

1549, there are plenty of younger couples that aren't really high paced. Hell, I don't need to go to all the "trendy" hollywood clubs and all that crap. In fact, I never go to those areas. That would drive me nuts putting up with that type of crap.

Some older people may feel the exatc opposite and be into that. I think it all depends on what certain people are into.

I think it depends only on the people, not the ages.  The older people are the more laid back they seem to be.  In a relationship where someone is older and more laid back, the couple seems to take things easy and not get involved in the fast paced life style of a couple with two people in their twenties. 

In this case though, it is celeberties, and that is a totally different ball game.

Stop generalizing.

Why are you calling my thinking bulls***, I just agreed with what you said before?

I said couples with one spouse much older than another tend to last. Before you got angry when someone said age differences are bad, I say age differences are good and you get all over me... :huh:

Stop generalizing.

Why are you calling my thinking bulls***, I just agreed with what you said before?

I said couples with one spouse much older than another tend to last. Before you got angry when someone said age differences are bad, I say age differences are bad and you get all over me... :huh:

Read what you wrote..

"The older people are the more laid back they seem to be. In a relationship where someone is older and more laid back, the couple seems to take things easy and not get involved in the fast paced life style of a couple with two people in their twenties. "

That is total bulls***.

Jim and I do more now than I did when I was in my early 20's. We go out every single weekend. He bowls twice a week. Golfs every weekend until he has to wear too many clothes it effects his swing.

Laid back... I wish.

You generalized. You're wrong. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

I made a typo in my last statement, the point I was making was that couples with age differences tend to last longer...when I summarized my point I accidentaly wrote that they are bad, I meant to put good.

that typo totally ruined the post :lol:

I made a typo in my last statement, the point I was making was that couples with age differences tend to last longer...when I summarized my point I accidentaly wrote that they are bad, I meant to put good.

that typo totally ruined the post :lol:

I figured that's what you meant. I wasn't even addressing that. It's obviously a common misconception that older people slow down. I can tell you.. even though I'm not there yet.. almost all of our older friends are doing more now than they ever did before. Reason.. kiddo's are gone. People in their late 40's and early to mid 50's do a lot more than folks in their mid to late 20's.

A LOT!

Stop generalizing.

I said couples with one spouse much older than another tend to last. Before you got angry when someone said age differences are bad, I say age differences are bad and you get all over me... :huh:

Read what you wrote..

"The older people are the more laid back they seem to be. In a relationship where someone is older and more laid back, the couple seems to take things easy and not get involved in the fast paced life style of a couple with two people in their twenties. "

That is total bulls***.

Jim and I do more now than I did when I was in my early 20's. We go out every single weekend. He bowls twice a week. Golfs every weekend until he has to wear too many clothes it effects his swing.

Laid back... I wish.

You generalized. You're wrong. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Not what I meant at all by laid back. I don't mean laid back as in sit on the couch and watch soap operas. I mean low stress, every couple I have known with an older person, they do things they enjoy to do, they do the exact same things you just said plus traveling. These are things they enjoy.

They don't get caught up in the fast paced lifestyle of working to move up constantly, they don't get caught up in running the kids everywhere (because from the couples I know A) there are no kids or B) the older gentleman has a high earning job so the wife stays home).

By fast paced I don't mean parties, I mean the work, commute kids, stress lifestyle.

What started out as a topic about a MILF getting engaged to a goofball has turned into an argument... :rolleyes:

I am not arguing with steff, I am just we just disagree...but I think we actually agree and she is just misinterpreting what I am saying. Not really sure though.

People in their late 40's and early to mid 50's do a lot more than folks in their mid to late 20's.

I hope that is true in mine and my bf's case. Because of odd ball working hours, rebuilding a house and family obligations, the most we do is go to another state for a hockey game or to look at a muscle car.

Not what I meant at all by laid back.  I don't mean laid back as in sit on the couch and watch soap operas.  I mean low stress, every couple I have known with an older person, they do things they enjoy to do, they do the exact same things you just said plus traveling.  These are things they enjoy.

They don't get caught up in the fast paced lifestyle of working to move up constantly, they don't get caught up in running the kids everywhere (because from the couples I know A) there are no kids or B) the older gentleman has a high earning job so the wife stays home).

By fast paced I don't mean parties, I mean the work, commute kids, stress lifestyle.

Ahhhh.. gotcha.

Thank you for clarifying.

People in their late 40's and early to mid 50's do a lot more than folks in their mid to late 20's.

I hope that is true in mine and my bf's case. Because of odd ball working hours, rebuilding a house and family obligations, the most we do is go to another state for a hockey game or to look at a muscle car.

Oh.. don't worry. In 10-15 years things will be routine and you'll find all kinds of things to do with your spare time. Jim does more than me...!!

Glad to see were on the same page steff.  I apologize if things got heated at all.

and btw, is anybody else getting 'web-site not responding' messages?

Not heated at all.

I have to say I was LMAO@ abo's and wayne's comments. You see two people disagree about something and you think it's arguing. :lolhitting

And yes.. I am getting error messages also.

Glad to see were on the same page steff.  I apologize if things got heated at all.

and btw, is anybody else getting 'web-site not responding' messages?

Not heated at all.

I have to say I was LMAO@ abo's and wayne's comments. You see two people disagree about something and you think it's arguing. :lolhitting

And yes.. I am getting error messages also.

Huh? I don't remember saying anyone was arguing, I was taking blame for moving the topic away from a simple mention of a hollywood hookup, and washing my hands of anyone who couldn't keep things friendly-like.