Shaun Livingston

That kid is not in the top 25, because he is a 2005 recruit.  Those rankings are not out yet.  Remember this, most top 10 recruits leave after one year, the key is what you can do with the players with raw talent.

hmmmm, there is one i can think of, ahh yes Drew Gooden.

I looked at the 2005 rankings.

BTW, how do you know what rankings I looked at anyhow?

:bang :bang :bang

Aboz do you have a link to their 2005 rankings. I'd be interested to see why Palmer isn't rated in their top 100.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That kid is not in the top 25, because he is a 2005 recruit.  Those rankings are not out yet.  Remember this, most top 10 recruits leave after one year, the key is what you can do with the players with raw talent.

hmmmm, there is one i can think of, ahh yes Drew Gooden.

I looked at the 2005 rankings.

BTW, how do you know what rankings I looked at anyhow?

Aboz do you have a link to their 2005 rankings. I'd be interested to see why Palmer isn't rated in their top 100.

It's a members only site, but their URL is http://www.hoopscooponline.com

Damn, well I can't afford to do that right now, but I find that really strange that he is not ranked in the top 100.  Especially when most analysts have him in their top 40.

While it is a members only site, let me see if I can find a way around it...

http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/cla...nkingshpol.html

Thanks, it worked. I looked through the entire list and I didn't see him anywhere. I wonder if they only rank players they have seen and they haven't seen enough of Palmer yet. I have been to sites that only ranked players they have seen so that can be the case. But believe me, Palmer is going to be a very good collegiate player.

I saw Livingston play in the state championship game last year and I was not impressed. I was there because my school went down state and finished 3rd. I was at the 3rd place game for my school and figured why not just stay for the final. Livingston is all around, but he did not stand out one bit. I knew he was the guy to watch and that team had better players than him. Of course it was just one game, but I have a feeling he might be a case of the players around him making him look better than he really is. Either that or he is a major choke. Either way :fyou Illinois.

Thanks, it worked. I looked through the entire list and I didn't see him anywhere. I wonder if they only rank players they have seen and they haven't seen enough of Palmer yet. I have been to sites that only ranked players they have seen so that can be the case. But believe me, Palmer is going to be a very good collegiate player.

If he was at Nike or ABCD this past summer, he's seen him.

Could have possibly overlooked him, let me see where he's at in the Illinois state rankings.

Could have possibly overlooked him, let me see where he's at in the Illinois state rankings.

Palmer is from Tennessee.

Palmer is from Tennessee.

Okay...

What state?

National, yes.

Some states, not all.

Lemme know what you want and I'll post em.

I guess national and Illinois if they have it. Jon Scheyer from my school is one of, if not the best sophomore in the state this year, I want to see how they rate him nationally. Thanks.

What state?

National, yes.

Some states, not all.

Lemme know what you want and I'll post em.

I guess national and Illinois if they have it. Jon Scheyer from my school is one of, if not the best sophomore in the state this year, I want to see how they rate him nationally. Thanks.

2nd best sophomore in Illinois.

Here's the guy rated in front of him, who's rated 35th in the sophomore class:

1 Willie Walker 5'10 2006 PG Romeoville IL Romeoville

National rankings: 62nd best player in his class, according to their latest rankings, released after this past summer...

2nd best sophomore in Illinois.

Here's the guy rated in front of him, who's rated 35th in the sophomore class:

1 Willie Walker 5'10 2006 PG Romeoville IL Romeoville

National rankings: 62nd best player in his class, according to their latest rankings, released after this past summer...

Thanks. That guy was ahead of him last year too from a site I looked at. I don't know if Scheyer has a good enough head on his shoulders yet to lead the team this year. That's not a knock, he is a sophomore after all. Last year we played a 7 man rotation for the most part. 5 of those guys were seniors and Scheyer is the only returning starter.

The thing that impressed me most about Livingston was his versatility, size(he is 6'6 and can play the point), and unselfishness. He is going to be a great player, and the championship game must have just been a bad game.

I looked up this Palmer guy on Rivals(IMO the best recruiting site) and they don't have him listed in their top 100 for 2005 either. They also say that Kansas is currently the favorite to land him. It looks like Self might hurt Illinois in the recruiting war, and we will see whether it is the program or the coach that is most important in recruiting.

The thing that impressed me most about Livingston was his versatility, size(he is 6'6 and can play the point), and unselfishness. He is going to be a great player, and the championship game must have just been a bad game.

His versatility is amazing. Of course the main thing with him is probably going to getting stronger for the college game. That finess crap won't work on 6'9" college players. Of course he could still develop, he has time, but I just think he needs to work to get there. He's not like some of these guys where their game has already been determined and they only need to fine tune some things.

I looked up this Palmer guy on Rivals(IMO the best recruiting site) and they don't have him listed in their top 100 for 2005 either. They also say that Kansas is currently the favorite to land him. It looks like Self might hurt Illinois in the recruiting war, and we will see whether it is the program or the coach that is most important in recruiting.

No, that is incorrect. Palmer has stated in an interview with theinsidershoops.com that Illinois is his current favorite. The reason that he isn't ranked in the top 100 on rivals is because they haven't done a list yet. Type in any of the big names for '05 and they aren't ranked. Also, aboz, the site you use must be pretty off on Palmer because Kansas and Illinois aren't going to be recruiting the 38th best player in the state.

His versatility is amazing. Of course the main thing with him is probably going to getting stronger for the college game. That finess crap won't work on 6'9" college players. Of course he could still develop, he has time, but I just think he needs to work to get there. He's not like some of these guys where their game has already been determined and they only need to fine tune some things.

What the hell are you talking about. He is a 6'6 point guard, what do you mean tha finess crap won't work on 6'9 college players. There is nobody at the college level that can match up with Livingston, he is either to quick or to tall.

A little tidbit on your fearless leader Dee Brown.

An excerpt from Dee Brown's remarks

It hurt when Coach Self left. I was real close to following him to Kansas, but my Mom wouldn't let me. Now I have to adjust. I'm not saying it's gonna set me back a year, but I won't be the same player I would have been under Coach Self...

I guess that is what happens when your program is never really that good.  38th best kid from TN.  :ph34r:

I hear the 35th best player from hawaii has major hops.

Beware of the Phog. :P

I know you're kidding but he is a top 100 player. If he was the 38th best player in the state of Tennessee do you really think that Kansas and Illinois would be recruiting him?