RIP Dick Butkus

There was a time there that GB and the Bears had the best linebackers in the game against the run. And with everyone in the division running on snowy winter grass outside it was a great strategy. 

Football in a dome just doesn't cut it for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 11:30 AM, Texsox said:

There was a time there that GB and the Bears had the best linebackers in the game against the run. And with everyone in the division running on snowy winter grass outside it was a great strategy. 

Football in a dome just doesn't cut it for me. 

Easy for you to say when we're freezing our asses in December and you're in TX where a 2 inch snow paralyzes the metro area.

21 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Easy for you to say when we're freezing our asses in December and you're in TX where a 2 inch snow paralyzes the metro area.

Lol. Yep, no need to waste money on snow removal in San Antonio. 

I'm with da Coach

The program's name even has history. In 1987 then Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka declared that "indoor domes should be used for roller rinks." He then renamed the Vikings' home "Rollerdome." When the Bears came to Minnesota, the Vikings had distributed towels that read "Rollerdome" and the Vikings cheerleaders wore roller skates.

I had a snowmobile suit just for Bears games. Our seats were on the west side of the stadium so we'd get that nice breeze off the lake. 

Bear weather. 

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

Lol. Yep, no need to waste money on snow removal in San Antonio. 

I'm with da Coach

The program's name even has history. In 1987 then Chicago Bears coach Mike Ditka declared that "indoor domes should be used for roller rinks." He then renamed the Vikings' home "Rollerdome." When the Bears came to Minnesota, the Vikings had distributed towels that read "Rollerdome" and the Vikings cheerleaders wore roller skates.

I had a snowmobile suit just for Bears games. Our seats were on the west side of the stadium so we'd get that nice breeze off the lake. 

Bear weather. 

Ditka polishing his Urban Tough Guy image.  Gimme comfort any day, like they have in real big cities like Minny, Indy, Detroit, etc.