August 30Aug 30 Sandlin has godmode going last night. 7 inning complete game with 2 walks, 1 BB and 9 SOs. Best game of his career.The guy has potential but hasn't been able to fully put it together. Touches 99 mph. His biggest weakness IMO is how badly he gets demolished by lefties. This season in the majors, righties with a .444 OPS against. He shuts them down. Lefties with a whopping 1.005 OPS against. His secondaries just aren't effective enough against lefties.He really needs to improve against lefties if he wants to succeed. Not sure if that means improving his cutter and/or changeup. I'm excited about his potential though. You can't teach that velocity.Do you think the Sox should bring him up as a start or bullpen arm again this season? How do you feel about his potential for the future? I think he likely is given a shot in the starting rotation sometime next season. Edited September 5Sep 5 by ron883
August 30Aug 30 his FB is too straight, I didn't watch the game yesterday but unless they're got him throwing a cutter now or 2 seamer, his FB will get smoked in the big leagues
September 5Sep 5 Author 17 minutes ago, chw42 said:Ron, the last time you made a Sandlin thread, he sucked his next start.I started this after his last start, and he followed it up with a 11k outing
September 5Sep 5 2 minutes ago, ron883 said:I started this after his last start, and he followed it up with a 11k outing*Major League start
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.