Former Hawks Start Keith Magnuson Died

Keith is my all time favorite Hawk. I had an opportunity to meet him at a friend's birthday party. He kept in great shape, was wonderful to be around, put up with the drunks at the party. Damn, this is sad news.

During that era in Chicago sports we also had Sloan and VanLier, two other gritty, defenseman. I thought they captured the Chicago work ethic perfectly.

RIP, and my prayers to to his family.

This is f***ing horrible, I knew Keith, kinda well to be honest, and he was a all-time greatest person, and a great inspiration to everyone he met. Im sitting here at my computer shocked, as this is the first I heard about it. He was such a great man, I dunno... it makes me wonder what wierd f***ing plan god has for us all.

This is f***ing horrible, I knew Keith, kinda well to be honest, and he was a all-time greatest person, and a great inspiration to everyone he met. Im sitting here at my computer shocked, as this is the first I heard about it. He was such a great man, I dunno... it makes me wonder what wierd f***ing plan god has for us all.

tough way to hear about someone you know -

my thoughts and prayers are with you right now Murice as well as the Magnuson family

There is an even sadder note to this story.  The driver Ramage is being charged in this death with driving while impared.  I am not familiar with Canadian law but this sounds like DUI/DWI to me :huh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1687588

When it was mentioned that a car crossed the median, I wondered if one of the drivers might have been impaired. Of course there are other reasons for crossing a median, but I guess it was impaired driving according the article...

:o

This is really f***in' sad news!!!

Maggs was a tough defenseman who didn't back down from anyone.

Off the ice, a very friendly guy who did a LOT for charity!

:drink to the man who fought 1,000 times and never won one!!!

( I mean that in the most respectful way possible, by the way )

He was the s*** when he was playing and he did a lot for everyone he could. Sorry to see him go.