White Sox transactions

Guest wsc425

Yes, I read Matt's article that made me think; would any of those guys be starting for any major league team? No. Not at all. Sandy Alomar, Jr would be the only one. Miguel Olivo is young, and Josh Paul is worthless. So who's our answer? Ivan Rodriguez. Rodriguez, who made $9,600,000 last year, could be bought back for cheaper. Ken could probably pry him for about 5 million, and get a producer for the White Sox. The White Sox also need to go after Orlando Palmeiro, who made only $1,000,000 last year. Kenny would be stupid not to go after him. As for our free agent signing of Armando Rios, he cost us at least 1,000,000 compared to $925,000 last year. Tom Gordon will cost the White Sox at least 2,000,000 compared to $2,800,000 last year.

Yes, I read Matt's article that made me think; would any of those guys be starting for any major league team? No. Not at all. Sandy Alomar, Jr would be the only one. Miguel Olivo is young, and Josh Paul is worthless. So who's our answer? Ivan Rodriguez. Rodriguez, who made $9,600,000 last year, could be bought back for cheaper. Ken could probably pry him for about 5 million, and get a producer for the White Sox. The White Sox also need to go after Orlando Palmeiro, who made only $1,000,000 last year. Kenny would be stupid not to go after him. As for our free agent signing of Armando Rios, he cost us at least 1,000,000 compared to $925,000 last year. Tom Gordon will cost the White Sox at least 2,000,000 compared to $2,800,000 last year.

As far as your post. I love the idea of getting Palmerio and Pudge and calling it quits.

One thing, if I recall Rios signed his deal for like 300 k or something along those lines and as far as Flash goes, look for a mill, maybe some incentives that could bring it to 1.5 mill.

Remember, since the Sox were never obligated to these players, they can offer them any % of a pay cut. Those terms only apply if you offer a player arbitration or something along those lines.

Don't quote me on this though..I ain't a rules expert.

As far as your post. I love the idea of getting Palmerio and Pudge and calling it quits.

One thing, if I recall Rios signed his deal for like 300 k or something along those lines and as far as Flash goes, look for a mill, maybe some incentives that could bring it to 1.5 mill.

Remember, since the Sox were never obligated to these players, they can offer them any % of a pay cut. Those terms only apply if you offer a player arbitration or something along those lines.

when is the draft?

i would wait until the draft is over and then go out and get some other fa's.

when is the draft?

Draft isn't till like June or something like that.

when is the draft?

Draft isn't till like June or something like that.

damn, so much for my idea.

So who's our answer? Ivan Rodriguez. Rodriguez, who made $9,600,000 last year, could be bought back for cheaper.

That is not at all what his agent is asking, which is significantly more, much more.

And isn't IRod a bit of a stretch now that we have future coach Almoar on board to catch 60 games and mentor Olivo?

And for the idea that we get Pudge - there is only one Pudge, and he is retired and in the Hall of Fame and I doubt Fisk will catch for us again, even though he is close by in Lockport.

Pudge = Pudge = Fisk

IRod = IRod = Rodriguez

IRod ≠ Pudge.

There is only one Pudge.

IRod has a cool nickname of his own.