Torii Hunter re-signs with Twins

CSF

Torii over Mags???  Not likely, dude. Magglio is by far the most underrated player in the game today.  The media can continue their lovefest with Slammin' Sammy across town.  The rest of us, though, know who the best RF in the game is.

No doubt. The only other OF in this league that might be better than Maggs is V Guerrero. It's a good thing for ShamME that he can still hit a HR.

Center field > Right Field...

I agree Maggs is a better player than Hunter, but Hunter's numbers are much better than your average center fielder than Magglio's numbers compared to the average right fielder.  That's why I'd take him.

Average Right Fielders:

Vlad Guerrero

Sammy Sosa

Larry Walker

Shawn Green

Ichiro

Average Center Fielders:

Jim Edmonds

Andruw Jones

Bernie Williams

Darin Erstad

Steve Finley

Johnny Damon

Yeah, Torii might be a better CF than those guys, but look at the different RF Mags has to be compared to? Outside of Edmonds & Jones, (both NL guys), who else is really dominant in CF? Mags #s rank with the best in the league, & look at the caliber of players in that category. Mags over Torii, hands down.

How do you figure that Ichiro is the second best? :huh: I believe Maggs is better than him and if I'm thinking right, he in probably younger as well. Maggs is a more patient hitter and he hits for much more power...and this past year, had an average that was actually better than Ichiro's.

IMO, Bonds is the best outfielder in the game, with Vlad second and Maggs third.

How do you figure that Ichiro is the second best? :huh: I believe Maggs is better than him and if I'm thinking right, he in probably younger as well.  Maggs is a more patient hitter and he hits for much more power...and this past year, had an average that was actually better than Ichiro's.

There's much more to baseball than just hitting, man. I admit, Maggs is a great player (Top 5 outfielder in baseball without breaking a sweat), but if you're just going to only use his batting average and power as a way to ocmpare him to everyone else, we're not going to agree much, seeing as there a other factors like speed, baserunning ability, defense, arm power, etc.

How do you figure that Ichiro is the second best?   :huh: I believe Maggs is better than him and if I'm thinking right, he in probably younger as well.  Maggs is a more patient hitter and he hits for much more power...and this past year, had an average that was actually better than Ichiro's.

There's much more to baseball than just hitting, man. I admit, Maggs is a great player (Top 5 outfielder in baseball without breaking a sweat), but if you're just going to only use his batting average and power as a way to ocmpare him to everyone else, we're not going to agree much, seeing as there a other factors like speed, baserunning ability, defense, arm power, etc.

Though Ichiro is a unique talent, that doesn't make him better than Maggs. Taking all of the basic "tool" catagories into consideration, I'd still take Maggs over any RF in baseball, with the exception of Vladdy.

IMO, Bonds is the best outfielder in the game, with Vlad second and Maggs third.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you there. Offensively, Bonds is a viable threat..... most likely the best in the game. Defensively? Ichiro, Maggs, Hunter, and Vlad run rings around Bonds. If Bonds is the best OF in the game, where do you rank ShamME Soso? Just wondering.