IM gettin a car

Be Good

Well you can order a Cadillac also... :bang Didn't you get your how to be a Texan handbook?  I'll bet you order Pinto beans with your chili don't you :rolleyes:

The official Texas Cadillac is a Suburban, but an Escalade is permissable. An Eldorado can be substituted if it has been customized for Texas

dr76el.jpg

MERCURY, son, 94 its old but ill take it for now

Mercury! :headbang

I have a 2002 Cougar and I luv that thing.

Brian's current Mercurys are:

1969 Marauder X100 (a really huge 2 door)

1970 Montego

1971 Cyclone GT

1981 Capri (a 10 second car)

1986 Capri

and a 1970 project car that will be a Cyclone again some day.

His current Fords are:

2001 Mustang Gt

1989 Ford F-250 with an extended cab (it kicks ass - it's great fun to drive).

what I need and what I prefer are two different things...

I'm just tired of driving a smaller vehicle that I have to cramp my friends and things into. If I can find something that sits a little higher and stores a little more, but still gets quality gas mileage, then I'd prefer that. I just need something that isn't going to be a financial burden...aside from the monthly payment.

I'm gonna hang on to my vehicle until PA, where it's registered.

what I need and what I prefer are two different things...

I'm just tired of driving a smaller vehicle that I have to cramp my friends and things into. If I can find something that sits a little higher and stores a little more, but still gets quality gas mileage, then I'd prefer that. I just need something that isn't going to be a financial burden...aside from the monthly payment.

I'm gonna hang on to my vehicle until PA, where it's registered.

Quick point of advice, which state has the lower sales tax rate and by how much?

wow, did you do that without a calculator?

Hey I might not be able to spell, but I am a whiz with numbers. I was really pissing off the sales manager last night at the car dealership when they kept only giving me part of the price and I kept saying how little that was off of the sticker price, and how he wasn't changing the price at all, just manipulating terms, interest rates etc...

PA sales tax, where the car is registered, is 6%

Texas is 8.5% I believe.

so on top of paying taxes for the car if I bought in texas, I'd have to pay to get my old car registered in texas, plus pay to get my new car registered in PA

Hey I might not be able to spell, but I am a whiz with numbers.  I was really pissing off the sales manager last night at the car dealership when they kept only giving me part of the price and I kept saying how little that was off of the sticker price, and how he wasn't changing the price at all, just manipulating terms, interest rates etc...

I walked out on a place that tried that crap with me. I ended up getting the same car elsewhere for an even better price. I guess Ford must have seen that in the credit check because they ended up contacting me afterwards. Not that tell them what happened would change anything, but it was good that they noticed something strange.

Hey I might not be able to spell, but I am a whiz with numbers.  I was really pissing off the sales manager last night at the car dealership when they kept only giving me part of the price and I kept saying how little that was off of the sticker price, and how he wasn't changing the price at all, just manipulating terms, interest rates etc...

Don't even get me started with car dealers. I always annoy them with the "I don't care about monthly payments, what is the car going to cost?"

so on top of paying taxes for the car if I bought in texas, I'd have to pay to get my old car registered in texas, plus pay to get my new car registered in PA

This happened to my future mother-in-law when she moved back from Toledo. I didn't know a state could do that - effectively charge you twice for sales tax. You only bought one car, why should you pay sales tax twice?

Don't even get me started with car dealers. I always annoy them with the "I don't care about monthly payments, what is the car going to cost?"

See that is the fun thing, is I know how much the car costs within $100-200 just off of the monthly payment and interest rate. They did kind of piss me off because they didn't take much off of the sticker price last night, and so now I am doing some internet surfing to do some dealing.

NO more bugging my parents,sisters,friends, teachers, co-workers and brothers to borrow their cars, cause my Mothers friend (also my GodMother) just got a new car and is giving me her old one

:begood

God help us all.