Rex's Question on BA chat

Guest JimH

Our guy Rex asked a question in the Phil Rogers BA chat about our very own prospect/poster "man hands" ... Jeff Bajenaru, right handed reliever in Birmingham.

I mentioned this briefly in another thread but thought it deserved a topic of its own.

Phil's opinion is Jeff B. could get to the big leagues quickly, stating he's got the best velocity in the Sox organization and is recoverd from the injuries which had slowed him in the past.

Good for you Jeff B. and we are rooting for you, I've followed your career since you signed and hope you're at U.S. Cellular as soon as possible. :headbang

Jeff is not on the 40 man roster for now, and wasn't extended an "official" spring training invite, so that likely means he'll be in the minor league camp. Hopefully he'll start out at Charlotte, open some eyes, and get promoted.

Jim Bullard gets a little air time too ...

Rogers didn't know you were throwing sidearm Jim. Said he saw you pitch at the Hall of Fame game but sounds like he needs to introduce himself to you!! :D

No fair having your best friend Dan write in a question abou ya though ... :lol:

Jim Bullard gets a little air time too ...

Rogers didn't know you were throwing sidearm Jim.  Said he saw you pitch at the Hall of Fame game but sounds like he needs to introduce himself to you!!  :D

No fair having your best friend Dan write in a question abou ya though ...  :lol:

i saw him picth in the Hall of Fame game too.

By the way, Bullard if you see this, did you guys have as much fun with Carlos Lee playing shortstop as we did in the stands? LOL

Jim, they didn't get me too much love, because I sent three questions and they only answered one.  The other questions weren't really good ones, though.  LOL

Wow ... he answered both of mine! Must be the Naperville connection.

By the way, Phil answered 111 questions this afternoon. Impressive.

Hey Rex, maybe he was 'fraid of ya since you asked him if he sees many of these kids play in person :lol: .

I thought that was a good question, and to his credit, he answered honestly.

Wow ... he answered both of mine!  Must be the Naperville connection.

By the way, Phil answered 111 questions this afternoon.  Impressive.

Hey Rex, maybe he was 'fraid of ya since you asked him if he sees many of these kids play in person :lol: .

I thought that was a good question, and to his credit, he answered honestly.

I was very impressed with the chat. I had to leave to go on an appointment around 4:30 and I figured it was about done, but he went for 2 1/2 MORE hours. Needless to say, I had plenty of reading to do when I returned.