From Ken Rosenthal

Cali

The White Sox would love to create the flexibility to sign Finley or Rogers but know the odds are against it. The team tried to sign reliever Juan Acevedo in addition to Rick White, and still could pursue bench help as protection if rookie catcher Miguel Olivo fails to make the team. ...

It may just be cause I'm an idiot, and that more than likely is the case, but, I really have no clue what the hell that quote means :huh: I just thought I should post it, maybe you smart ones can figure it out.

Sounds to me like they'd either have to move some payroll (Lee or Valentin) or maybe it means they need to see the asking price of those two pitchers to come down.

I will say if they picked up Finley, then a rotation with Buerhle, Colon, Finley, Garland, Wright would be damn good. Then Rauch would be the 6th man in the pen or getting some more seasoning in the minors, until he eventually comes up. That way they could ease him in slowly.

I love hearing that the Sox are still looking at other options and trying to build more depth, cause a deep team mixed with all the talent the Sox have should be really good.

I love hearing that the Sox are still looking at other options and trying to build more depth, cause a deep team mixed with all the talent the Sox have should be really good.

Sox will still be bad.

Ian, the past couple years I would tell ya how wrong you were or don't say that, but this year, I'm gonna shutup and let you say it.

We'll just wait till the end of the season and see ;)

Rauch is going to have to go through gorwin pains eventually....may as well let it be this year. If Colon really does leave, do we want to go into next year with Buehrle, Garland, Wright, and Rauch all being experienced or having Buehrle, Garland and Wright being the only ones with experience and having, say, Rauch and Malone going through the rough times?

If he fails, we will use Stewart....it's that simple. If Stewart fails, we'll use maybe Ginter or just use Rauch again...and use the hot hand out of Stewart and Rauch.

Rauch is going to have to go through gorwin pains eventually....may as well let it be this year.  If Colon really does leave, do we want to go into next year with Buehrle, Garland, Wright, and Rauch all being experienced or having Buehrle, Garland and Wright being the only ones with experience and having, say, Rauch and Malone going through the rough times?

If he fails, we will use Stewart....it's that simple.  If Stewart fails, we'll use maybe Ginter or just use Rauch again...and use the hot hand out of Stewart and Rauch.

Excellent point on next season. I like the idea of starting rookie pitchers off slowly, in the pen, like we did with Buerhle.

What I'd like to see is us go with a vet the first month or so while Rauch adjusts and then throw him out there.

I do think that Rauch is one of those guys that will adjust fast. He knows how to pitch and has very good stuff. Health is still the key questionmark, and I think come spring training we'll see that his velocity is back and that he's 100%.

Ian, the past couple years I would tell ya how wrong you were or don't say that, but this year, I'm gonna shutup and let you say it.

We'll just wait till the end of the season and see  ;)

I've been right the past two years.

This team has talent, but also has many question marks. Plus, there is now expectations that they usually never live up to.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im not all that crazy about finley, but i wouldnt mind having rogers here....him and maybe someone else wouldnt be that bad to add... dump dumbass lee and his money and we most likely could add a few more good guys.............of course dumbass lee has his nose so far up kw's ass that if kw were to come to a dead stop lee would disappear to his ankles..........