A-Rod Trade Official

Soxbadger

I'll just say this much, don't be surprised if Jeter does move.  There will almost certainly be better 3Bman available at the deadline this year then 2Bman, and if so, I have little doubt that Jeter is moved to 2B atleast for the time being, or at the very least, have ARod and Jeter split time between SS and 2B.

I've been thinking about this situation. I don't see how the Yanks can prefer to go through the season with Jeter at SS over ARod. The acquisition of a 3B might be the catalyst for pushing Jeter over to 2B. Now, here comes the hard part. Who could the Yanks pick up to play 3B? Considering that they don't have much to offer as far as prospects, how could they hope to acquire a Glaus or Chavez or, heaven forbid, Crede.

Three possibilities come to mind. Jose Valentin for one, but I don't see what they'd have to offer to even pry him away from the Sox. Then there is Jeff Cirillo. San Diego would probably let him go for a marginal prospect. The last person I had in mind, I'm not even sure he's an option. I don't really know his contract or health status as of right now. That would be Fernando Tatis. Does anyone know what the situation is with Tatis?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just say this much, don't be surprised if Jeter does move.  There will almost certainly be better 3Bman available at the deadline this year then 2Bman, and if so, I have little doubt that Jeter is moved to 2B atleast for the time being, or at the very least, have ARod and Jeter split time between SS and 2B.

There should be a few. Vina comes to mind as one. The Tigers wont sniff the playoffs.

If the Yankees were smart, they would just play AssRod at SS and have Jeter pinch-hit.

:lolhitting

Actually, if Vina has a solid start, the Tigers could get the Yankees to overpay for his services.

However, I think we hold the trump card. When Willie Harris is hitting .324 with 33 SB at the All-Star Break, the Yankees will give us anything we want in return.

Should that be in green as well? :huh

Three possibilities come to mind. Jose Valentin for one, but I don't see what they'd have to offer to even pry him away from the Sox

Nothing. Sox would love to get rid of Jose and drop the payroll under the 60 Mill mark as they have been planning all along.

Jose will see a ton of fastballs in the Yankee line-up and Frank didn't call him a very good fastball hitter for nothing. Jose will love that 312 LF line--most of his homers are pulled anyway and with bigger opposite gap he'll have a few more blooping doubles taht are just caught at USCF as well.

Both teams benefit and so does Jose.