This is what GOOD teams do

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1737956

Sens give up a minor-league center prospect and a 2nd round pick.

Bondra is a natural goal-scorer and a nice replacement for Radek Bonk.

How good is the prospect? Cause if he is equivalent to Yakubov then the Sens got jobbed a little.

Bondra is an amazing skater, scorer, all-round player. Good person in the community I understand also.

How good is the prospect? Cause if he is equivalent to Yakubov then the Sens got jobbed a little.

Bondra is an amazing skater, scorer, all-round player. Good person in the community I understand also.

33 points in 44 games in the AHL.

Seems to be on the rise, but he obviously wasn't going to get a real shot with the Sens.

Sixth round pick, but that means very little in hockey. A lot of top guys were low draft picks.

Great move for the Sens. 

On a side note, Washington pulls ahead of the Hawks in the "who can tank the season" derby.

Caps hammered the Hawks 4-0 on presidents day... with all do respect SS2k3.. we hold the tankers of the year award. (now that i proved you wrong, buy a shirt) ;) :lol: :huh:

33 points in 44 games in the AHL.

Seems to be on the rise, but he obviously wasn't going to get a real shot with the Sens.

Sixth round pick, but that means very little in hockey. A lot of top guys were low draft picks.

yeah it peaked my interest, so I took a look. he was rated the 5th best prospect in the sens system.... so I guess the caps got pretty much jobbed.

very BAD trade in my opinion. I saw Laich (pronounced 'LIKE') probably 15 times this year and he has impressed me more than any other Sens prospect other than Spezza, Vermette and Emery. Laich is a good skater, crisp passer, wins a lot of faceoffs, crashes the net, captains their main powerplay, can kill penalties, has a good shot...oh ya, he's only 20! This is his first year away from juniors and he has been very impressive this year, especially since coming back from mono after missing a month in late december.

Added to this they threw in a SECOND round pick?

In my opinion, they made a mistake. Just watch, i bet Laich is on the AHL All-Rookie team and ends up spending a good majority of the season in Washington next year. Muckler gave up too much in my opinion