What can we expect from our #4 starter?

DonkeyKongerko

Pain and misery fill the air

people running everywhere . . .

Colon gone and replaced by ???

We need not one, but two break out guys this year. Mark and E-Lo will combine for the same number of wins. E-Lo goes down, Mark goes up and it washes. Hopefully someone can just match a .500 record of Colon.

So we can finish in 2nd place again? Or was it 3rd last year? LOL

So we can finish in 2nd place again?  Or was it 3rd last year?  LOL

I am sorry to be so pessimistic but I see the biggest nightmare season in White Sox history. We'll hang around for most of the summer before fading to 2nd or 3rd while the fricking ScRubs are having a magical mystery tour over on the north side, probably returning to the LCS or even the (I cringe at typing this) the WS.

It's a fricking nightmare.

At least, unlike last year, the Sox can only surprise me. Last year I went flying into the season and crashed and burned. I am expecting this to be a nightmare. Anything will be better.

I have a good feeling about Scott's chances this year. I think he will be solid...maybe more so than Garland was at #4 last year. I can see him getting 12 to 14 wins with a decent ERA.

Like someone noted earlier, if he can get to the 6th or 7th inning consistently, he's got a good shot at wins in the teens. The bullpen looks good...the best in years, in my opinion.

Speaking of the bullpen, the key to its success is to remain steady. That means Koch needs to be the Koch of old so that he can be THE closer. Koch will close and Takatsu, Pollitte, and Marte will be set up guys. Not that three set up guys will be needed, but all three can do the job. I don't know much about Pollitte, but he might be good for two-inning relief when a starter has to exit in the 5th or 6th.

All that being said, I think the Sox's chances are good this year. I'm optimistic, I think. Let's just hope Frank comes to play with a BIG bat.

I am sorry to be so pessimistic but I see the biggest nightmare season in White Sox history. We'll hang around for most of the summer before fading to 2nd or 3rd while the fricking ScRubs are having a magical mystery tour over on the north side,

I see some Cubs going down this year. If you look at pitcher abuse points, I think Kerry Wood will see a definite dropoff from his rather mediocre stats in departments other than strikeouts. I also think Joe Borowski/Latroy Hawkins or whoever will struggle closing games for the Cubs. Offensively, I think Moises Alou is on the tail end of his years and that Todd Walker/Grudzielanek platoon will not put up near 2003 numbers. Finally has Corey Patterson fully recovered?? Plenty of question marks on the North Side (I forgot Maddux) but Cub fans are quick to gloss over them and assume they will be answered like the year before.

In baseball you just can't expect anything from anyone these days. Not Mark Buehrles and not Paul Konerkos. The same goes for other teams.

Unless Don Cooper and Ozzie are miracle workers, I dont see Schoney improving much this year. I've watched him as a starter in Anaheim, he was totally erratic and way too inconsistent. He gives up too many walks and cant seem to escape trouble when he does so. I've also seen him with attitude problems around the clubhouse and incompliance with the manager. The Angels and Sox both helped out his stats by putting him in for a lefty lefty matchup or in a cleanup role. Good thing attention was brought to this, cause he is a HUGE question mark in my book.