What about these guys?

southsideirish

I was a fat blob like Gagne for a few years, and then I had to lose weight for health reasons.  I'm still not at my ideal weight, but I lost 25 lbs on that Atkins Diet in just 4 months.  Maybe that's what happened to Gagne.  I have never met the man, or ever talked to him, but I just don't think he would juice up.

As for Sammy, now that the team is full of real star players, his ego has shrunk tremendously and he's resigned now to just being a PART of a team instead of being the focal point.  Losing that huge-ass ego of his has to be worth at least 20 lbs of weight loss.

:fthecubs :sosasucks  :knob

I never thought of Gagne as a fat blob.

I agree that testing should be much tougher. 

But Giambi has also had knee problems and had surgery in the offseason.  So perhaps he just cut back or changed his workouts?  Have we seen him without a shirt?  He could be ripped, opting to lift less for bulk, and we not know it.  My thought is, if a guy didn't stop working out altogether, he isn't going to just drop 25 pounds of lean muscle tissue because he got off steroids.  Steroids don't build mass without the workouts to go with them.  So for a guy to lost that much mass, in that short of a time, it tells me that he changed his workout regimen, or reduced it because of the surgery.

I am far from a body builder, but I have been around gyms, trainers and athletes enough to see some amazing tranformations.  I have seen guys go from being pretty big to losing an amazing amount of body fat in a hurry, yet still maintaining the lean muscle tissue.  I have seen them get big in a hurry, just through a regimented workout and normal supplements like MetRx, for instance.

My guess is that Giambi didn't lose as much lean muscle tissue as he did body fat, which gives him more of an appearace of losing "bulk".

Either way, whether on steroids or not, I am tired of all the accusations.  I agree the weak testing policy following no policy at all, has created it, but I still think that is a pretty big stone to throw when you don't know for sure.

I disagree with you on just about everything you have said in this post except for the stronger testing.

it is very possible to have never used steroids, work very hard, move fat into muscle and change the body proportions (off the stomach, into chest, shoulders, arms, things and calves) and look all diffferent and certainly slimmer and only have lost 4 pounds.

It is possible.

It is what I have done the last two months,  I am mad that all I have lost is 4 pounds but the three inches off the stomach and the extra bulk on the upper arms and shoulders - look way slimmer but hardly any weight changed 

so if I can do it, Giambi can do it

If you're converting fat into muscle, or simply building more muscle through exercising/diet, you'll probably gain weight, rather than lose it. Muscle is much heavier than fat.

I disagree with you on just about everything you have said in this post except for the stronger testing.

Then you have no clue southside......

Everything I said in that post is quite possible. I have seen it done and done legitimately. Get in a gym and work out a little and see what a difference you can make just working out 3-4 times a week. Then think about doing it 5-7 days a week for 2-3 hours at a time with an extremely restricted diet including supplements and the possibilities are amazing.

The possibilities are real, there is no refuting that.

If you're converting fat into muscle, or simply building more muscle through exercising/diet, you'll  probably gain weight, rather than lose it.  Muscle is much heavier than fat.

Yeah, but no one, and I mean no one, does not use some sort os suppliments anyways. If one were to be on creatine -- for example -- they would gain weight, but that weight would be water weight. Some suppliments make you retain more water. Eventually you would gain the muscle, but it's so hard to really get huge. Once someone would stop the creatine, they would lose that extra water weight.

Something people don't realize is, there are legal suppliments out there. Many athlete above a certain level takes some. Did anyone think about eating healthy, maining a healthy lifestyle, and working out like a madman could be the cause?

If you're converting fat into muscle, or simply building more muscle through exercising/diet, you'll  probably gain weight, rather than lose it.  Muscle is much heavier than fat.

Not if you are simply retaining the lean muscle tissue you have and lose body fat on top of it. Giambi's look could very well be the result of losing 25 pounds of fat.

And you don't convert fat into muscle. You can lose fat and you can increase lean muscle tissue by working out, but they are two separate processes.

Then you have no clue southside......

Everything I said in that post is quite possible.  I have seen it done and done legitimately.  Get in a gym and work out a little and see what a difference you can make just working out 3-4 times a week.  Then think about doing it 5-7 days a week for 2-3 hours at a time with an extremely restricted diet including supplements and the possibilities are amazing.

The possibilities are real, there is no refuting that.

Hey lets not get mean about it. I never said it wasn't possible. I said I disagreed with it.

2nd of all I do work out. I am at Lifetime Fitness in Warrenville at 5:30 AM 5 days a week (WED and SAT off). I am currently taking or was taking many EAS products including phosphogen HP (their version of creatine), cytovol, and myoplex protein drinks. Don't tell me about workouts and what you can do with diet and supplements. I know all about it. Thank you for your concern though.

Not if you are simply retaining the lean muscle tissue you have and lose body fat on top of it.  Giambi's look could very well be the result of losing 25 pounds of fat.

And you don't convert fat into muscle.  You can lose fat and you can increase lean muscle tissue by working out, but they are two separate processes.

If Giambi lost all that weight in his stomach. He lost his muscle mass in his chest. What conclusion does that bring you to?

Hey lets not get mean about it. I never said it wasn't possible. I said I disagreed with it.

2nd of all I do work out. I am at Lifetime Fitness in Warrenville at 5:30 AM 5 days a week (WED and SAT off). I am currently taking or was taking many EAS products including phosphogen HP (their version of creatine), cytovol, and myoplex protein drinks. Don't tell me about workouts and what you can do with diet and supplements. I know all about it. Thank you for your concern though.

The workouts that you do, and the workouts that Giambi does are no where close. There is a giant difference.

The workouts that you do, and the workouts that Giambi does are no where close. There is a giant difference.

You have taken that way out of context. I was in no way comparing my workout to an that of a professional athletes. I was stating that I know all about supplements, workout, and diet. Your comments were misdirected.

You have taken that way out of context. I was in no way comparing my workout to an that of a professional athletes. I was stating that I know all about supplements, workout, and diet. Your comments were misdirected.

No no, but I was just saying. You said you know that there can be good results...just imagine what a world class athlete could do. Him losing that weight is very possible. I wasn't comparing your workout to his, just saying think what he could do.

No no, but I was just saying. You said you know that there can be good results...just imagine what a world class athlete could do. Him losing that weight is very possible. I wasn't comparing your workout to his, just saying think what he could do.

Point taken, however that is not what my post was about. I never said that they could not do it or it wasn't possible. I just disagree in this instance.

Look at it this way. Giambi lost a lot of muscle mass in his chest area. Could he be trying to loose this muscle mass and get more toned? Sure, but it is also a big coincidence that they are now testing for steroids as well.

Gagne converted 52 out of 56 save ops 2 years ago. Last year he converted 55 out of 55 save ops. If you are him why the hell would you change anything at all? If you have been pitching this way the last 2 years with the weight then it is working. It is also a coincidence that he lost that much when they are now testing for steroids.

I understand your point. I don't think you read the previous posts to see where I am coming from. I never said it wasn't possible. I did however disagree with Rex.