Robert Person

Bighurt52235

I like the idea of adding him to the rotation.

His numbers weren't that great at 4-5,  5.44,   but I believe he's a much better pitcher.

the biggest problem about that is that he might not be ready for the opening day. he is still recovering from an injured pitching shoulder.

I agree with Jim....if we are going to use a new pitcher out of the #5 spot or a new pitcher as a whole, why go with damaged goods? We may as well just use Malone/Stewart/Sanders/Munoz, etc.

Teams that compete are teams that develop their younger players and suck for periods of time....teams that suck constantly are teams that develop some of their players but make stupid trades and bring in mediocre players....why do you think the Tigers and Brewers have sucked for such a long time?

Hell just take up roster space and cost money. Those innings can go to one of our kids.  We have to find out which ones can pitch in the bigs.

Im going with Jim. I think Buehrle and Colon will be somewhat comparable to Pedro and Lowe. Wright and Garland should progress dramatically and the last spots a freebie. We need to find out which one of these youngsters is part of our future. In case of a huge failure we can put Loaiza in there, which is maybe the one positive of signing him...