Marvin Bernard Calf Injury

i read in the daily hearld today that ozzie said something about Bernard it was something along the lines of "i havent gotten a chance to see him yet, but he wont be on my team this year. He needs to start thinking about his future or something" i saw this and realized what kind of opportunity this creates for Borchard and Mario V.

my apologies if this was already posted

Thanx for posting that Willie2. I also believe Benard could be a bit of a hoax in the clubhouse considering the steroid aligations he's in with the other players. I rather see our young studs get a chance as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, if Ozzie can't see what he can do, he's not going to keep him on the team. I'd like to see him get healthy and give it a shot since he is a lead off type hitter. But if Reed or Borchard beat him out, so be it. As for Valenzuela, he's hit well in ST in the past, but didn't hit much last season in the minors.

Basically, if Ozzie can't see what he can do, he's not going to keep him on the team.  I'd like to see him get healthy and give it a shot since he is a lead off type hitter.  But if Reed or Borchard beat him out, so be it.  As for Valenzuela, he's hit well in ST in the past, but didn't hit much last season in the minors.

He was coming off Tommy John last year and only played about a half season. After missing a year and a half, I would expect some rust.