I'm impressed with so far....

Capn12

Well, we are a good 1/3 of the way through the Spring Training schedule I think, and I wanted to make sure I pointed out a few guys that are simply gettin it done in Tucson:

#1- Aaron Rowand---- I am so happy that he is showing so far he can handle the pressures of playing CF for a MLB team. 17 ABs, 9 H, 2 R, 2 2B, 1 HR, 8 RBIs, 1 SB

Keep it up AaRow, keep it up!!!

#2- Billy Koch---- Yes, I'm a bit biased because for most of 2003 I was Koch's only supporter on this board it seemed like. But you can't aruge his numbers so far, with or without a 100 MPH Fastball. 3 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 3 K's

We need you back to 2002 status this year Billy.

#3- Jose Valentin---- Well, all I can say is please continue to always hit lefty all year. We all know of your inability as a right hander. 13 ABs, 6 H, 4 R, 1 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR, 4 RBI. We need to have the Jose of 2000 back to make a run at this division.

I know its still way early, but I just wanted to throw a few names out there of the guys that have looked pretty solid so far in ST. Please feel free to add some of your own.

I too am really pleased with the way Rowand's playing, and I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but remember it's just spring training. There have been many times before when guys have had great spring trainings and sucked in the regular season. However, I don't think Rowand will be one of these guys. I think he's gonna have a really good year this year.

I too am really pleased with the way Rowand's playing, and I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but remember it's just spring training.  There have been many times before when guys have had great spring trainings and sucked in the regular season.  However, I don't think Rowand will be one of these guys.  I think he's gonna have a really good year this year.

Yeah, but by the same token, if Rowand was having a bad start, not many people would say "Lots of guys have bad springs and have a great year". I think if we're going to bury guys with a bad spring, then we have to credit the guys with a good start.

I think Rowand's benefitting from finally being healthy this spring, and he's obviously seeing the ball well right now. I hope it continues, because the Sox really need him to produce this year.

And let's not forget ( and I don't think we have ) that Rowand was hitting really well when the Sox got Everett last year, so it's not like he can't do it at the big-league level.

Oh, yeah, Valentin is going well too, and should NEVER bat right-handed again!

I've always like Rowand and believe he will be a good solid major leaguer.  In fact, Rowand reminds me of a younger right-handed Steve Finley type of guy.  Not great at anything, but an all around good baseball player.

For some reason ARow has always reminded me of Lenny Dykstra. I have no basis for this silly opinion. I guess it is just his attitude and work ethic. He reminds me of Nails in those ways.

For some reason ARow has always reminded me of Lenny Dykstra. I have no basis for this silly opinion. I guess it is just his attitude and work ethic. He reminds me of Nails in those ways.

With his work ethic, I can see why you make that comparison. However, Dykstra was a leadoff type guy. Rowand will be your decent young outfielder for a couple of years, then we will develop some power down the road, ala Finley. At least, I hope it goes that well for him.

That's right on the money in terms of attitude and work ethic, but Rowand will never be as good of a player as Dykstra was back when the Phillies made their run in the early nineties. That guy was phenomenal when he peaked. An all star.