RIP: They died in Iraq

Texsox

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuke, I tend to doubt that they were even fired upon.  Given the history of the Army lying, I have a very difficult time believing that they were fired upon.  Few soldiers report crimes, because they don't want to jeopardize their Army careers.

The journalist who broke the story quotes one colonel's statement that the assault "made no sense for a defeated army to invite their own death. ... It came across as shooting fish in a barrel. Everyone was incredulous."

At some 25,000 words and exhaustive itself by the standards of magazine journalism, Hersh's article exhumes all four investigations and portrays them as whitewashes. Hersh even depicts internal skepticism about the vigor of the investigations and about why the Army decided not to press its investigation further. "They'd just won a war and didn't want to s*** in their mess kit," a retired major general is quoted as saying. One investigator, Warrant Officer Willie Rowell, told Hersh that, "he felt that he and his fellow-investigators had established that, at best, only two rounds were fired by Iraqi forces at the ... platoon on the morning [of the massacre], but regardless of his and the others' doubts about McCaffrey, he said, the Dinkel investigation 'came up with nothing that would have won a trial.'" He added, "If you're a two-star general, you can do whatever you want to do, under the confusion of war."

Like i said. Anytime a US soldier pulls the trigger its a "WAR CRIME!!!". What happened between the 24th ID & the Hammurabi was an engagement on the field of battle which was initiated by the Iraqi's. A one-sided engagement does not a war crime make.

Radical Islam is THE enemy of the free world! Let's not forget that.

(Please note the distiction between Radical Islam and Islam itself, but keep in mind that if only 1% of the world's Muslim population support radical Islam, that's 12+ million people!!!

I read somewhere that there are about a billion muslims in the world. If only 1 percent of them were followers of radical islam then that means there are only 10 million people who want to kill Americans and Jews.

Like i said.  Anytime a US soldier pulls the trigger its a "WAR CRIME!!!".  What happened between the 24th ID & the Hammurabi was an engagement on the field of battle which was initiated by the Iraqi's.  A one-sided engagement does not a war crime make.

NUKE...I've had this debate before...Israel = bad, USA = bad, Radical Islamic Terrorists = good!

:usa

NUKE...I've had this debate before...Israel = bad, USA = bad, Radical Islamic Terrorists = good!

:usa

I know, I know but Leftist activist groups and their supporters will use any group of people, even if that group of people would love to kill all of them and their families too, to advance their "I hate America" message.

Every time a U.S. soldier pulls the trigger you guys scream "WAR CRIME!!!"  You guys are a bunch of chicken littles if I ever saw em.

And Iraq being a major threat to the US wasn't a huge Chicken Little instillation of fear into the American public so we could get oil? Jeebus H. Christpunchers...Hey Nuke, where are all those tons of WMD that according to Powell and Rumsfeld, we knew they had and knew exactly where they were at?

1_145858_1_6_jpg.gif

That's a war crime Nuke. What WMD did she have?

1_145668_1_6_jpg.gif

I see a dead civilian but no WMD.

man2_324.jpg

Here's some WMD -- no wait, that's just another dead civilian.

Nuke, read the Nuremburg Tribunal results...PRE-EMPTIVE WARFARE IS A WAR CRIME. The US has now endorsed a Nazi doctrine of warfare. Slaughtering civilians is a war crime.

Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.

--Mark Twain

I read somewhere that there are about a billion muslims in the world.  If only 1 percent of them were followers of radical islam then that means there are only 10 million people who want to kill Americans and Jews.

That's right, but I think it's closer to 1.3 billion, so that would make it 12-13 million scumbags who want to kill Americans and/or Jews just because they are Americans and/or Jews!

Sounds like something that happenned in the 30s and 40s across Europe, doesn't it???

Nuke, read the Nuremburg Tribunal results...PRE-EMPTIVE WARFARE IS A WAR CRIME.  The US has now endorsed a Nazi doctrine of warfare.  Slaughtering civilians is a war crime.

Loyalty to the country always.  Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.

--Mark Twain

When the Nazi's initiated a pre-emptive war it was about expanding a fascist empire not self defense. You make it sound like all we did over there was line up civillians and gun them down into mass graves. Please. Comparing our military to the Nazi war machine is not only insulting but untrue.

BTW. U.S. administrations have been worried about the threat of Iraqi WMD since the end of the last Gulf War. The only difference between Clinton/Gore and Bush/Cheney on this issue that this administration acted on it.

And Iraq being a major threat to the US wasn't a huge Chicken Little instillation of fear into the American public so we could get oil?  Jeebus H. Christpunchers...Hey Nuke, where are all those tons of WMD that according to Powell and Rumsfeld, we knew they had and knew exactly where they were at?

1_145858_1_6_jpg.gif

That's a war crime Nuke.  What WMD did she have?

1_145668_1_6_jpg.gif

I see a dead civilian but no WMD.

man2_324.jpg

Here's some WMD -- no wait, that's just another dead civilian.

Nuke, read the Nuremburg Tribunal results...PRE-EMPTIVE WARFARE IS A WAR CRIME.  The US has now endorsed a Nazi doctrine of warfare.  Slaughtering civilians is a war crime.

Loyalty to the country always.  Loyalty to the government when it deserves it.

--Mark Twain

How soon we forget 9/11 and 3/11, and countless homicide bombings, etc.

That's right, but I think it's closer to 1.3 billion, so that would make it 12-13 million scumbags who want to kill Americans and/or Jews just because they are Americans and/or Jews!

Sounds like something that happenned in the 30s and 40s across Europe, doesn't it???

All religious fundamentalism needs to be stopped.

Christian fundamentalism here looking to stifle free thinkers with putting creation back in schools, a Constitution amendment codifying their own biases etc.

Israeli Zionist fundamentalism promoting ethnic ghettos of Palestinians. (I know you won't agree I4E, but it's fundamentalism that's promoting the whole expansion etc.) I'm for an Israeli state there too but I don't think the wall should be built encroaching on Palestinian lands. If they want to build it, build it along the Green Line instead of going for a land grab.

Islamic fundamentalists that want to blow people up. I wonder how easy it would be for them to get recruits if the US didn't bomb the hell out of their countries for no damn good reason and then cause them to see their families get slaughtered as a result. Keeping the world in economic disparity and creating an environment of hate by blowing up their family members feeds into anti-American sentiment for those people. Like I've said before...many of the countries like Pakistan are in dire straits economically so madrasas are opening everywhere to take the schoolkids in and it's there where they get inculcated to attack us. If we use more than our .01% in foreign aid, we could *gasp* help them create good public schools so the madrasas would be forced to shut down since the main reason people send their kids there is because they can get fed and taught in a classroom with desks and learning supplies, even though the message that they are being taught is unsound.

Yeah. How quickly we forget the lessons history teaches us huh.

If we use more than our .01% in foreign aid, we could *gasp* help them create good public schools so the madrasas would be forced to shut down since the main reason people send their kids there is because they can get fed and taught in a classroom with desks and learning supplies, even though the message that they are being taught is unsound.

Isint that what our evil, murderous military machine is doing in Iraq right now? Oh wait, that's a waste of the taxpayers money according to your side.

I will say this though; I believe that the Saudis were a major player in 9/11, and sponsor terrorism worldwide, but the Bush Administration still "cozies up" to them!

I don't like nor trust the current administration, but I am 100% behind our troops, and 100% behind the war against terrorism!!!

:usa :usa :usa

When the Nazi's initiated a pre-emptive war it was about expanding a fascist empire not self defense.  You make it sound like all we did over there was line up civillians and gun them down into mass graves.  Please.  Comparing our military to the Nazi war machine is not only insulting but untrue.

BTW.  U.S. administrations have been worried about the threat of Iraqi WMD since the end of the last Gulf War.  The only difference between Clinton/Gore and Bush/Cheney on this issue that this administration acted on it.

Nuke, read executive order W199I. Bush stopped all investigation of Islamic potential hijackers and the bin Laden family. It was used by Clinton but Bush Jr. effectively killed all investigations with that order.

The United States is not the bastion of freedom that we all believe it is. In fact, it's quite antithetical to that. We hear stories about Saddam gassing his own people and we Americans believe that our government would never do something so evil as attack our own people. Don't make me giggle and fall out of the chair.

According to former State Department member, William Blum, and the US Army, the US Army has admitted that "between 1949 and 1969, 239 populated areas from coast to coast were blanketed with various organisms during tests designed to measure patterns of dissemination in the air, weather effects, dosages, optimum placement of the sources and other factors." Testing over such areas was supposedly suspended after 1969, but there is no way to be certain. Open air spraying even continued at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. Here's a list of the places the US government sprayed with dangerous bacterias.

Watertown NY area & Virgin Islands: 1950, the Army used aircraft and homing pigeons to drop turkey feathers dusted with cereal rust spores to contaminate oat crops to prove that a "cereal rust epidemic" could be spread as a biological warfare weapon.

San Francisco Bay area: Sept. 20-27 1950, 6 experimental biological warfare attacks from the US Army. It began on a ship where the Army used bacillus globugii and serratia marcescens, at one point creating a cloud about two miles long as the ship traveled slowly along the shoreline of the bay. One of the stated objectives of the operation was to study "the OFFENSIVE (emphasis mine) possibilities of attacking a seaport city with a biological warfare aerosol" from offshore. Beginning on September 29, patients at Stanford University's hospital in San Francisco were found to be infected with serratia marcescens. This type of infection had never before been reported at the hospital. Eleven patients became infected and one died. According to a report submitted to a Senate committee by a professor of microbiology at State University of New York at Stony Brook: "an increase in the number of serratia marcescens can cause disease in a healthy person and...serious disease in sick people." Between 1954 and 1967, other tests were carried out in the bay area including some with a base of operations at Fort Kronkhite in Marin County.

Minneapolis: 1963, 61 releases of zinc cadmium sulfide in four sections of the city involving massive exposure of people at home and children in school. The substance was later described by the EPA as "potentially dangerous because of its cadmium content" and a former Army scientist, writing in the professional journal "Atmosphere Environment", in 1972, said that cadmium compounds, including zinc cadmium sulfide, are "highly toxic and the use of them in open atmospheric experiments presents a human health hazard." He stated that symptoms produced by exposure to zinc cadmium sulfide include lung damage, acute kidney inflammation and fatty degeneration of the liver.

St. Louis: 1953, releases of zinc cadmium sulfide over residential, commercial and downtown areas, including the Medical Arts Building, which presumably contained a number of sick people whose illnesses could be aggrevating by inhaling toxic particles.

Washington DC area: 1953, aerial spraying of zinc cadmium sulfate mixed with lycopodium spores from a height of 75 feet. Areas sprayed include the Monocacy River Valley and Leesberg, Virginia...30 miles from the capital. In 1960, the Army conducted 115 open air tests of zinc cadmium sulfate near Cambridge, Maryland. Earlier in the 1960s, the Army covertly disseminated a large number of bacteria in Washington's National Airport to evaluate how easy it would be for an enemy agent to scatter smallpox through the entire country by infecting air passengers. The bacterium used, bacillus subtilis, is potentially harmful to the infirm and the elderly, whose immune system is impaired, and to those with cancer, heart disease or a host of other ailments according to a professor of microbiology at the Georgetown University Medical Center. A similar experiment was carried out at the Washington Greyhound bus terminal. Sometime during Richard Nixon's time in office, the Army "assassinated" him with germs via the White House air conditioning system. At a building used by the Food and Drug Administration surreptitiously placed a (supposedly harmless) colored dye into the water system. Whether anyone suffered harm from drinking a certain quantity of the water is not known.

Florida: 1955, the CIA conducted at least one open air test with whooping cough bacteria around the Tampa Bay area. The number of whooping cough cases in Florida from 339 and one death in 1954 to 1080 and 12 deaths in 1955. The Tampa Bay area was one of three places that showed a sharp increase in 1995.

Savannah, Georgia and Avon Park, Florida: 1956-58, The Army, wishing to test "the practicality of employing aedes aegeypti mosquitos to carry a biowarfare agent", released over hundreds of thousands, if not millions of this mosquito which can be a carrier of yellow fever and dengue fever, both dangerous diseases. The Army stated that the mosquitos were uninfected but prominent scientists said that, for several reasons, the experiment was not without risk and was a "terrible idea." The actual effects on the targeted population will probably never be known.

New York City: 1956, a CIA-Army team sprayed New York streets and Holland and Lincoln Tunnels using trick suitcases and a car with a dual muffler.

June 6-10, 1966, The Army report of this test was called "A Study of the Vulnerability of Subway Passengers in New York City to Covert Attack with Biological Agents". Trillions of bacillus subtilis variant niger were released into the subway system during rush hours. One method was to use light bulbs filled with the bacteria; those were unobtrusively shattered at sidewalk level on subway ventilating grills or tossed onto the roadbeds inside the stations. Aerosol clouds were momentarily visible after the release of bacteria from the light bulbs. The report noted that "When the cloud engulfed people, they brushed their clothing, looked up at the grating apron and walked on." The wind of passing trains spread the bacteria along the the tracks; in the same time it took for two trains to pass, the bacteria were spread from 15th Street to 58th Street. It will never be known how many people later became ill from being unsuspecting guinea pigs but the United States Army exhibited not the slightest interest in this question.

Chicago: 1960s, the Chicago subway system was the scene of a similar Army experiment.

Stockyards: November 1964-January 1965, The Army conducted aerosol tests over stockyards in Texas, Missouri, Minnesota, South Dakota, Iowa and Nebraska using "anti-animal non biological stimulants". It's not clear why stockyards were chosen or what effect this might have had on the meat consumed by the public.

Nuremburg: The International Military Tribunal at Nuremburg, Germany 1946-1949, revealed many details of the Nazi medical experiments on involuntary subjects, leading the judges to create a set of principles known as the Nuremburg Code...a bill of rights for people participating in medical experimentation. The Code's first tenet states: "The voluntary consent of the subject is absolutely essential." Very shortly thereafter, the US Army-CIA testing program began and although the tests, of course, were nowhere near as grotesque as those of the Nazis, and the subjects of the tests were not humans as such, but rather the behavior of certain substances in the air, the fact remains that the testers knew that untold numbers of humans were being directly contaminated and none of the reports of the tests mentions a word about obtaining the consent of any of these humans. If the testers did not "know" that the contaminating substances were potentially dangerous it can only be because they didn't investigate this question, which is saying the same thing as they didn't know because they didn't WANT to know.

Face to Face Human Experimentation: For the human experimentation, the various government agencies appear to have chosen as their subjects primarily those who had the least political clout, such as servicemen and women, conscientious objectors, prison inmates, blacks, the poor, mentally retarded, the elderly, the young, mental patients..."It's a little cockail. It'll make you feel better." Helen Hutchinson recalled the doctor telling her in July 1946, during a visit to the Vanderbilt University Hospital Prenatal Clinic. It didn't make her feel better at all. It contained radioactive iron. She was one of 829 people to receive various amounts of the potion over a two year period. Both Hutchinson and the daughter she carried went on to suffer a lifetime of strange ailments. Hutchinson's hair fell out at one point, she suffers from pernicious anemia and she is highly sensitive to sunlight. Her daughter, now grown, suffers from an immune system disorder and skin cancer. In 1999, the American public might have learned something. When it was disclosed the government organization in Los Alamos National Labratory was going to release a strain of bacteria into the atmosphere to test new biowarfare detectors, the public outcry against it stopped it from happening. One resident said at the public hearing: "If the bacteria is so safe, why don't you release it into the office of some one in Washington DC?"

source: Rogue State by William Blum

OPERATION NORTHWOODS

Dating back to our destruction of the USS Maine to get involved in the Spanish American War to making up the fight at the Gulf of Tonkin to get involved in Vietnam, the United States has been pretty good at making up events to get anger up so high that the government can do whatever the hell it wants.

In 1962, the Joint Chiefs of Staff badly wanted an excuse for us to invade Cuba. So, they created "Operation Northwoods". Code named Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

Among the actions recommended was "a series of well coordinated incidents to take place in and around" the U.S. Navy base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This included dressing "friendly" Cubans in Cuban military uniforms and then have them "start riots near the main gate of the base. Others would pretend to be saboteurs inside the base. Ammunition would be blown up, fires started, aircraft sabotaged, mortars fired at the base with damage to installations."

The suggested operations grew progressively more outrageous. Another called for an action similar to the infamous incident in February 1898 when an explosion aboard the battleship Maine in Havana harbor killed 266 U.S. sailors. Although the exact cause of the explosion remained undetermined, it sparked the Spanish-American War with Cuba. Incited by the deadly blast, more than one million men volunteered for duty. Lemnitzer and his generals came up with a similar plan. "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," they proposed.

There seemed no limit to their fanaticism: "We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington," they wrote. "The terror campaign could be pointed at Cuban refugees seeking haven in the United States.

We could sink a boatload of Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated). . . . We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States even to the extent of wounding in instances to be widely publicized."

Bombings were proposed, false arrests, hijackings:

*"Exploding a few plastic bombs in carefully chosen spots, the arrest of Cuban agents and the release of prepared documents substantiating Cuban involvement also would be helpful in projecting the idea of an irresponsible government."

*"Advantage can be taken of the sensitivity of the Dominican [Republic] Air Force to intrusions within their national air space. 'Cuban' B-26 or C-46 type aircraft could make cane burning raids at night. Soviet Bloc incendiaries could be found. This could be coupled with 'Cuban' messages to the Communist underground in the Dominican Republic and 'Cuban' shipments of arms which would be found, or intercepted, on the beach. Use of MiG type aircraft by U.S. pilots could provide additional provocation."

*"Hijacking attempts against civil air and surface craft could appear to continue as harassing measures condoned by the Government of Cuba."

Among the most elaborate schemes was to "create an incident which will demonstrate convincingly that a Cuban aircraft has attacked and shot down a chartered civil airliner en route from the United States to Jamaica, Guatemala, Panama or Venezuela. The destination would be chosen only to cause the flight plan route to cross Cuba. The passengers could be a group of college students off on a holiday or any grouping of persons with a common interest to support chartering a non-scheduled flight."

They even stated that after the attack "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation." Seizing on this indignation, they could easily get support for whatever programs they wanted to install. Northwoods was a highly popular program and the only reason it was not used was thanks to President Kennedy. So, it can be seen that the US government has absolutely no qualms whatsoever about killing its own people as long as the deaths allow them to further their political agenda.

source: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

1993 WTC ATTACK

On February 26, 1993, the World Trade Center was hit with a truck bomb that killed 6 people. The FBI and US government claimed they had no idea that radical Islamic terrorists could commit such an attack. But is that the truth? But a Dec. 15, 1993 Chicago Tribune article states that it was an FBI informant that built the bomb that was used. Even the New York Times stated on Oct. 28, 1993:

"Law-enforcement officials were told that terrorists were building

a bomb that was eventually used to blow up the World Trade Center,

and they planned to thwart the plotters by secretly substituting

harmless powder for the explosives, an informer said after

the blast.

The informer was to have helped the plotters build the bomb

and supply the fake powder, but the plan was called off by

an F.B.I. supervisor who had other ideas about how the informer,

Emad Salem, should be used, the informer said.

The account, which is given in the transcript of hundreds of

hours of tape recordings that Mr. Salem secretly made of his

talks with law-enforcement agents, portrays the authorities as

being in a far better position than previously known to foil

the February 26th bombing of New York City's tallest towers."

source: http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/P...OK/wtcbomb.html

So, the FBI helped to cook the bomb used in 1993 that killed 6 Americans! They knew it was going to happen and they didn't do a damn thing.

9/11: THE NEW PEARL HARBOR?!

On the morning of 9/11, I'm sure all heard the similarities to the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor. Oddly enough, this is quite accurate since the historical community has found proof showing FDR knew about the impending Japanese attack and allowed our soldiers to die. The Project for a New American Century, the right wing neo-conservative hawkish organization, has many of its founding members in the current Bush administration (Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney and Bush's brother Jeb). The strategic transformation of the US military into an imperialistic force of global domination would require a huge increase in defense spending, PNAC said in 1997. The process of transformation, the plan said, is likely to be a long one, absent some catestrophic and catalyzing event like a new Pearl Harbor. American Free Press asked Christopher Maletz, assistant director of the PNAC about what was meant by the need for a new Pearl Harbor. They needed more money to up the defense budget for raises, new arms, and future capabilities, Maletz said. Without some disaster or catastrophic event neither the politicians nor the military would have approved, Maletz said. THIS IS IN 1997.

After September 11, 2001, Congress quickly allocated $40 billion to fund the war on terrorism shortly after 9-11. It was a 12% increase from the last budget to defense. Similar significant increases in defense spending are planned for 2003 (to $365 billion) and 2004 (to at least $378 billion) in line with the PNAC plan.

Is it weird or convenient that the time when a group who believes there must be a new Pearl Harbor to create their imperialist vision comes into power that less than a year later we have the worst terrorist attack on American soil? Given the fact that the US Army/CIA/US government doesn't give a damn about its citizens (as can be seen from my previous evidence), it is feasible that 9/11 could have been orchestrated so their vision of imperialism and power could be introduced without anger, but rather support from the American citizenry.. There are numerous questions about 9/11. In 1995, the US government found out about an Al Qaeda plot to use planes as bombs that would target the White House, CIA HQ, Pentagon, WTC and other targets. It was called "Project Bojinka". In 1993, international intelligence agents put together a report called "Terrorism 2000", that detailed how planes could be used as bombs at national landmarks...and it especially named the WTC. But we had no idea?

In 1996, Clinton had an opportunity to apprehend Osama bin Laden when the Sudanese government offered to turn him over. He refused. This goes into 2000 when Bush signed executive order W199I. This effectively killed any and all CIA/FBI investigation into Al Qaeda and terrorism. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, Bush PREVENTED the investigation of terrorists and this prevention allowed 9/11 to occur. (source: http://www.propagandamatrix.com/W199I.gif) The United States disregarded the NUMEROUS intelligence references from other countries about imminent attacks and the attacks occurred. Check out the Prison Planet link for a ton of sources sorted by topic if you would like more information. The links are from conservative, liberal and mainstream press so it's not biased. These sites go into great detail about how suspicious stock activity was found on Sept. 7. Somebody, DeutscheBank won't name who, made a lot of money buying American and United stock and selling it right before the crash.

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/911_redux.html The 19 9-11 Questions That Nobody Is Asking!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/911.html Resources Showing how Bush/Clinton Allowed 9/11 to Take Place and Took Steps to Make Sure It Happened

Given all this information, it makes sense to question the intentions of the government using this attack to cause a radical increase in defense spending, the passage of the Orwellian named PATRIOT Act which greatly eviscerated the Constitution and Bill of Rights and their new internment camps at Guantanamo Bay for anyone they consider to be a terrorist. If PATRIOT II passes, the government will be able to put people in preventative detention without a lawyer or trial and be able to execute them in military tribunals. Police state, anyone? Lusitania or Reichstag fire? You decide.

All religious fundamentalism needs to be stopped.

Christian fundamentalism here looking to stifle free thinkers with putting creation back in schools, a Constitution amendment codifying their own biases etc.

Israeli Zionist fundamentalism promoting ethnic ghettos of Palestinians. (I know you won't agree I4E, but it's fundamentalism that's promoting the whole expansion etc.)  I'm for an Israeli state there too but I don't think the wall should be built encroaching on Palestinian lands.  If they want to build it, build it along the Green Line instead of going for a land grab.

Islamic fundamentalists that want to blow people up.  I wonder how easy it would be for them to get recruits if the US didn't bomb the hell out of their countries for no damn good reason and then cause them to see their families get slaughtered as a result.  Keeping the world in economic disparity and creating an environment of hate by blowing up their family members feeds into anti-American sentiment for those people.  Like I've said before...many of the countries like Pakistan are in dire straits economically so madrasas are opening everywhere to take the schoolkids in and it's there where they get inculcated to attack us.  If we use more than our .01% in foreign aid, we could *gasp* help them create good public schools so the madrasas would be forced to shut down since the main reason people send their kids there is because they can get fed and taught in a classroom with desks and learning supplies, even though the message that they are being taught is unsound.

The US and Eurpoe have sent billions to the poor palestinians, only to be ripped off by their own "leaders". Who's fault is that? Should we be expected to line Arafat's pockets with more money? Should we give them money to subsidize the familes of homicide bombers?

Isint that what our evil, murderous military machine is doing in Iraq right now?  Oh wait,  that's a waste of the taxpayers money according to your side.

We're not funding them and rebuilding their infrastructure. It's neo-colonialism at its finest. We're preventing them getting self government and making sure we get Ahmed Chalabi (our handpicked boy) in power. And what happened to the Iraqi oil paying for the war?

It must be weird having the conservative doublethink going on: I mean giving all Iraqis quality education and health care is common sense but to suggest the same for Americans is outright socialism.

We're not funding them and rebuilding their infrastructure.  It's neo-colonialism at its finest.  We're preventing them getting self government and making sure we get Ahmed Chalabi (our handpicked boy) in power.  And what happened to the Iraqi oil paying for the war?

It must be weird having the conservative doublethink going on: I mean giving all Iraqis quality education and health care is common sense but to suggest the same for Americans is outright socialism.

We're not? Iraq's infrastructure is in better shape now than it was before the war, we have rebuilt or refurbished several thousand schools across the country, we are about to hand over power in the country, not to Ahmed Chalabi but to the Iraqi governing council here in a couple of months and they have just signed off on a new constitution but its all part of an evil American plot to secretly run the place forever right? RIGHT!

The US and Eurpoe have sent billions to the poor palestinians, only to be ripped off by their own "leaders". Who's fault is that? Should we be expected to line Arafat's pockets with more money? Should we give them money to subsidize the familes of homicide bombers?

The Palestinians needed a leader and all they got was an Arafat. Desperate people do desperate things. When backed into a corner, people do crazy s***. I'm sure you've read about the revolt of the 12th sonderkommando during WW II. The Jews in the camp saw no way to save their lives so they sacrificed them to do as much damage as they could to their enemy.

When you get Ariel Sharon committing, as you admitted, an atrocity like Sabra and Shatila, it's no f***ing wonder somebody wants to strap on a bomb and f*** s*** up. I'm not condoning what they do, but I certainly understand what happened to make a person f***ing snap like that.

A prominent lawyer friend of mine recently told me, in any argument, there is going to be 10% of the people who agree with your point of view and can't be swayed therefrom, 10% who disagree and will never be convinced otherwise, and 80% who can be educated and ultimately "pursuaded" to one side or the other.

It is that 80% you need to direct your arguments to; because 10% are already "with" you and 10% never will be.

A prominent lawyer friend of mine recently told me, in any argument, there is going to be 10% of the people who agree with your point of view and can't be swayed therefrom, 10% who disagree and will never be convinced otherwise, and 80% who can be educated and ultimately "pursuaded" to one side or the other.

It is that 80% you need to direct your arguments to; because 10% are already "with" you and 10% never will be.

I had always heard that it was 45% on one side and another 45% on the other and there were 10% that sit on the fence. The concept is right on the money though.

The Palestinians needed a leader and all they got was an Arafat.  Desperate people do desperate things.  When backed into a corner, people do crazy s***.  I'm sure you've read about the revolt of the 12th sonderkommando during WW II.  The Jews in the camp saw no way to save their lives so they sacrificed them to do as much damage as they could to their enemy.

When you get Ariel Sharon committing, as you admitted, an atrocity like Sabra and Shatila, it's no f***ing wonder somebody wants to strap on a bomb and f*** s*** up.  I'm not condoning what they do, but I certainly understand what happened to make a person f***ing snap like that.

I think that these "people" are blowing themselves up, not because of Sharon, but because they are brainwashed from Day 1 to believe that Jews are evil and must be destroyed.

Couple that with the fact that Arafat makes them live in abject poverty, then offers thousands of dollars to the families of homicide bombers.

Add that to the promise of martyrdom...THAT'S why these scumbags blow themselves and innocent people up!!!

I think that these "people" are blowing themselves up, not because of Sharon, but because they are brainwashed from Day 1 to believe that Jews are evil and must be destroyed.

Couple that with the fact that Arafat makes them live in abject poverty, then offers thousands of dollars to the families of homicide bombers.

Add that to the promise of martyrdom...THAT'S why these scumbags blow themselves and innocent people up!!!

Lets not forget the 25k that Saddam Hussein offered to the families of Homicide bombers. What was that about him not sponsoring terrorism?